BotBitz KitBot - Beta Testers

All things antweight

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

marto

BotBitz KitBot - Beta Testers

Post by marto »

For a while now we have been working on a KitBot design based on our parts and some of you may have been following our progress @ http://www.facebook.com/botbitz or on Robowars forum.

This is what my latest design iteration looks like. https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 347&type=1

It is a culmination of ~2yrs worth of RnD with how to make robot kits. It is a 3D printed chassis, with gearmotors, escs and flipper. Everything is plug n play.

In the next few weeks hopefully we will be sending out some beta testing kits and we are looking for someone to represent the UK. I will be sending out the basic kit for people to put together play with and give feedback on the assembly instructions and the kits in general. People will need a 6Ch Hobbyking Radio/receiver or equivalent to fit in the kit.

If anyone is interested let us know here.

Steve
haz

Re: BotBitz KitBot - Beta Testers

Post by haz »

looks very good indeed. Would be interesting to see how it comes together and works out :)
Remote-Controlled Dave

Post by Remote-Controlled Dave »

I'd be interested Steve if you'd like to use me at all

Dave.
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39
BeligerAnt

Post by BeligerAnt »

Hi Steve

It looks good. If you can get one to the UK in time for AWS40 (23rd March) we can get many people to have a play with it and give you lots of feedback :)

How much is it likely to cost in the UK, including shipping?
Gary, Team BeligerAnt
Psychostorm

Post by Psychostorm »

A fi!

I'm not doing anything special for the champs, so can beta test.
Rhys

Post by Rhys »

Fair play marto that looks superb. If the work you do on kits is as good as the work you've done on speedo's, it's safe to say this is gonna be a winner (I'm using your code in all but one of my antweights).

I'd love to be involved in any testing, a good kit could really push up the numbers of newcomers. From personal experience, I'd say I can see a couple of issues with it so far. A robot that's entirely 3D printed could be fodder for spinners (if shapeways plastic is anything to go by). Also, the weapon servo looks a bit like a DS929HV servo? I've used them before for flippers and they were pretty poor.

I really like the little plugs on the motors though, I'm guessing they allow you to just quickly unplug them? Soldering is one of my lest favourite parts of building robots!
marto

Post by marto »

Its just a plain 929MG servo its not digital or HV. They are probably not the most powerful flipping servo but haven't given me many issues.

Ideally its not meant to be a full blown combat ready robot, its more something fun and easy to put together for kids/beginners. The plastic won't survive spinners too well, though it should hopefully weigh about 120g (with mods you can decrease that further) and this gives you some allowance for adding proper armour.

Its doubtful that we would be able to get something out in time for AWS. Parts are still on their way and it will be a few weeks before I get everything sorted. The parts kit should be ~$100AUD this excludes battery and radio. Postage to the UK will be around $25AUD I think.

Steve
Rhys

Post by Rhys »

Ah right, that would explain why it looks a bit similar. I'm not sure if it's the digital or the HV part, but they're really slow, and very laggy/unresponsive.
marto

Post by marto »

Thanks for your interest guys.

I picked up the parts from the post office this morning and will be putting together the kits over next few days. We will contact someone soon with details.

Regards

Steve
knightrous

Post by knightrous »

As a Beta Tester, I thought I would post up my kit.

Little Red Flipper

I gave the shell a lick of gloss paint thanks to a left over spray can

Then assembled it.

Here is a quick test video I put together.
http://youtu.be/p_KEC7qoKSQ
Excuse the driving, using a Mode 1 Left-handed DX4e transmitter with no mixing :oops:
Antweights: Scarlet

BotBitz - Antweight, Beetleweight & Featherweight parts at an affordable price.