New Roboteer!

All things antweight

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

joey_picus

Re: New Roboteer!

Post by joey_picus »

My robots have a tendency to collapse into certain states too, although not always when I observe them XD

(on a serious note, looking forward to seeing the beasts in person :))
Joey McConnell-Farber - Team Picus Telerobotics - http://picus.org.uk/ - @joey_picus
"These dreams go on when I close my eyes...every second of the night, I live another life"
ajw

Post by ajw »

I think to simultaneously win and lose would be a little optimistic. Though I'm sure the opportunity for my robot to be in more than one place at once will arise if I'm drawn against Kwijebo/inertia/other.....!

I'm looking forward to seeing everyones ants(beasts doesn't really apply to mine!) too, though still having some problems with one of them, so it's going be a couple of late nights before Saturday!
Psychostorm

Post by Psychostorm »

ajw wrote:P.S. I'm from South Wales. Not to sure how much antweight or other weight robot activity there is around here but would be nice to hear from others in the vicinity!
Hello, my name is Ceri Jenkins, I'm from Swansea. Nice to see a fellow Ospreylian on this forum :)

I have been on the FRA circuit for a while with the featherweight Kaizer & decided as the AWS was in Bristol (& with a lot of help from Dave Weston) to compete in the antweight category.

Normal thread posting shall now resume...
ajw

Post by ajw »

Hi Psychostorm, and welcome to the forum :)

Nice to see another Welsh builder, I think that makes 3 now from what I've heard! Have you entered your ants on the sign up page?

I Look forward to meeting you on Saturday.
Craig_Anto3

Post by Craig_Anto3 »

must resist wearing my Gloucester Shirt on Saturday!
Psychostorm

Post by Psychostorm »

ajw wrote:Hi Psychostorm, and welcome to the forum :)

Nice to see another Welsh builder, I think that makes 3 now from what I've heard! Have you entered your ants on the sign up page?

I Look forward to meeting you on Saturday.
I look forward to meeting you too :D

I have entered the ant 'Napalm Death' into AWS36. Guess what that's based on? Sad sign that I already think I'm going to lose :(
By the heat structure posted page 10 of the event thread, means that there should be a welsh machine in all of arena 2's heats. How angry would Rhys be if one of us accidentally won? :wink:
Craig_Anto3 wrote:must resist wearing my Gloucester Shirt on Saturday!
You may as well do, I was thinking of bringing a Wales shirt to change into anyway...
ajw

Post by ajw »

oh yes I can see you on the list now....sorry. Rhys won't have to worry about any competetion coming from my side I can assure you of that!

I haven't actually seen any ants in the flesh, other than mine, so have only got the videos to go on so far so a little unsure of just how much power some of these ants pack!
Remote-Controlled Dave

Post by Remote-Controlled Dave »

You guys got any pictures? Or are you just waiting for the day?
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39
ajw

Post by ajw »

I'll try and get some pics up tomorrow Dave. Still got a few things to iron out in one but 'hopefully' over the worst of the problems and it'll end up in the arena in some shape or form on Saturday regardless lol!
Remote-Controlled Dave

Post by Remote-Controlled Dave »

I very much look forward to seeing them and meeting you bud. Roll on Saturday I say!
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39