Another new member!

All things antweight

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

joey_picus

Post by joey_picus »

Looks like a good start, yep :)

You may already know this but ants do have to fit inside a four inch/101.6mm cube - including any extra attachments you might want to put on - the key thing about that is 'inside the cube' as a wedge shaped or low ant will be easily able to go over 4" in one dimension and most ants have about a 140 x 100mm base at maximum. That might help when thinking about sizes and et cetera as it's usual to make maximum use of the cube space!
Joey McConnell-Farber - Team Picus Telerobotics - http://picus.org.uk/ - @joey_picus
"These dreams go on when I close my eyes...every second of the night, I live another life"
PBx

Post by PBx »

Thanks chaps - constructive comments.

I have read the rules (but I've read the highway code and always do 30 officer :lol: ) I'm sure I'll manage to break one at some point!

Size on the temp base is 90mm wide (between the outer edges of the wheels) and 100mm long, which is about where I'm aiming. Name - I was thinking of morgrug.

I should be going to Barnsley in Feb (don't know if anyone will be there), and maybe pontefract later in the year. Anything else is a bit far at the mo :cry:
Team - Yr Morgrug
The joy is the journey
joey_picus

Post by joey_picus »

I should be at Barnsley, it's as close to 'local' as it gets for me really. I might even be able to drive there although with my nerves it'll take 300 years :P
Joey McConnell-Farber - Team Picus Telerobotics - http://picus.org.uk/ - @joey_picus
"These dreams go on when I close my eyes...every second of the night, I live another life"
razerdave

Post by razerdave »

I'll be at Barnsley with my antweight arena, you will be welcome to come on my side of the barrier, might be an idea to bring your ant with you, get a bit of driving practice :)
PBx

Post by PBx »

I will now definately be @ Barnsley, so I'll come over and say hello. Peter W is currently trying to find out what I've messed up, so I'll have nothing to show I'm afraid :(.
Team - Yr Morgrug
The joy is the journey
joey_picus

Post by joey_picus »

Not necessarily, there's still time for the postal service to work its magic and it'll be nice to put a face to a name all the same :) you'll see the insides of more robots than is necessarily healthy for a human being in one day.