Pop!

All things antweight

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

alasdair

Post by alasdair »

Lol hes not as bad as truant (RX, 2 motors, 2 brushless motors, 2 brushless controllers, 2 lipo cells, speedo!)
josh

Post by josh »

2 brushless motors? 2 disks?
RPD International
www.RPDintl.com
josh

Post by josh »

busy putting off coursework... playing with some aluminium to make a couple hubs for scalextrics tyres as grip was a major problem this weekend
RPD International
www.RPDintl.com
joey_picus

Post by joey_picus »

Did you work out what was going wrong yesterday? It just seemed to stop working somehow...
Joey McConnell-Farber - Team Picus Telerobotics - http://picus.org.uk/ - @joey_picus
"These dreams go on when I close my eyes...every second of the night, I live another life"
josh

Post by josh »

yeah after i took the control board out for pete to put the mixing software on i found one of the wires had broken inside the heatshrink :-?
RPD International
www.RPDintl.com
josh

Post by josh »

RPD International
www.RPDintl.com
josh

Post by josh »

"real time" machining "with the iphone" :lol:
anyone have any sudgestiond for cutting grooves to bed o rings? atm i'm using a thread cutting tool to cut a triangular groove but i would prefer to cut a semicircular one... i know there are real tools but at 50 pound for a tooth and 20 for a holder to cut 3 possibly 4 grooves i'd prefer to bodge it ^^ the o rings are 1mm thick so i was thinking adapting a screwdriver and using it as a cut off tool but im not sure if it will shatter...
RPD International
www.RPDintl.com
BeligerAnt

Post by BeligerAnt »

O-ring grooves are flat-bottomed in my experience, if that helps at all. Also it's a bit of a game to get the sizing right. You need enough pressure to seal, but not so much that you create too much friction/drag. Grease is essential!
Gary, Team BeligerAnt
Andrew_Hibberd

Post by Andrew_Hibberd »

Make a rod and tube the same diameter and put lots of o rings on it with various shaped grooves. I ended up using a parting tool made from an old hacksaw blade.
TEAM GEEK!
josh

Post by josh »

had a play with some different tools and then i found a small enough parting tool at school so i'll borrow that.
done some more machining at school this time as the new ram design requires a larger diameter bar and this didnt dit in my lathe. The new design incorporates the valve into the base of the ram hopefully saving weight and space. so i've made up the blank and bored it out although there is a lot of milling to do on the base and top flange and also all the ports and holes to go in but atm the piece with asolid base (37mm dia 12.5mm thick) weighs 40g

its amazing how much better my work is when i'm machining at home :roll:
RPD International
www.RPDintl.com