Pop!

All things antweight

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

josh

Re: Pop!

Post by josh »

I'm currently almost literally watching paint dry... I've turned some aluminum molds to make up wheels. inside are 3D printed hubs surrounded by some slow setting shore 14a silicone rubber, in a repulsive mint green. we'll see how they turn out in 48 hours...
RPD International
www.RPDintl.com
haz

Post by haz »

awesome!!
josh

Post by josh »

So they worked... to an extent. Need a few more hours to dry fully, I had them over a hot water bath to try and allow all the bubbles in the solution to surface and escape through the event, there were a few more bubbles than I would have liked, but they're not a big issue. I'll print some more hubs and keep trying, see if they get any better with practice.
RPD International
www.RPDintl.com
haz

Post by haz »

not too sure about the colour, but the its looking pretty damn fantastic, love the kinda curved back on pop
josh

Post by josh »

I spent some time on the pneumatic system this afternoon. It works! and it is incredibly powerful. Hard to capture with a phone camera and nothing connected to the piston however.
There is a leak in the seal of the buffer tank which is an easy fix. now to shorten everything and stick it back in the chassis.
Note I fired the control valves with a manual switch, which ends up venting the tank. The programmed switch just pulses the valves and doesn't waste any gas.

Video running at 40 psi 15mm bore:
http://s22.photobucket.com/albums/b330/ ... G_0273.mp4

RPD International
www.RPDintl.com
josh

Post by josh »

I've blown another boost circuit... I've been using the Pololu variable boost board. Does anybody know of anything similar possibly with a higher current capability. I'm boosting a 2cell lipo to 12v for ~ 200ma in 0.5s bursts
RPD International
www.RPDintl.com
Rhys

Post by Rhys »

Looks good, will it be ready for the AWS? Looks like we might have a few penumatic flippers there.

Can I ask what the inner diameter of the tubing is? I've been looking everywhere for really flexible 2.5mm id tubing, but with no luck.
josh

Post by josh »

I hope so, depends on how much time I get between then and now, I ordered the rest of the printed parts today.
The tubing is less than 2mm id, far from optimum but it was the simplest solution for now. I'm working on a more flow friendly link between the buffer and ram for a later date.
RPD International
www.RPDintl.com
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

Here is some tubing I use on succulant being silicon it is quite flexible at 4mm od 2.5mm id.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/170912294995? ... 1497.l2649
You might find soft flexible tube tends to expand at high pressure.
Rhys

Post by Rhys »

Cheers for the link Pete, I've been using PVC so far and that seems to be holding the pressure easily at 100psi, but the inner diameter is so narrow that it's difficult to remove from the pneumatic components. I might give that silicone one a go, hopefully it holds up better than the lego tubing.

Josh, where did you get your tubing from, because Hobby king have one which is 2mm inner diameter, which might help if it's wider than your current one.