Flipsting Help

All things antweight

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

JimBeeden

Flipsting Help

Post by JimBeeden »

ive got a working flipsting now, however sometimes when the scoop, powered by the flip switch on the dx5e is in a certain position the robot keeps moving or starts moving, im using a 2x5 5a rc controller, with settings of mixed on, exponential off, lithium off, digital flip, autocalibrate enabled and signal timeout enabled, none of the settings on the transmitter are on, and the channels used are elev for channel 1, aile for channel 2, and gear for the weapon flip switch through a ar500 reciever, the problem doesnt seem as bad when the weapon uses the left stick up and down, but having the switch seems faster reaction attack.. any help? as i need to try sort this out before i put the front on the robot, and this may be appearing at oxford saturday, but as of yet no promises.
Flipsting Progress: Completed version 2, first was a cardboard version, pictures will be on website when its set up
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

It is always difficult to diagnose these sort of of problems remotely but it sounds like the sudden change in the weapon servo is causing the battery voltage to dip causing a problem with either the receiver or the motor controller board. I have just been experimenting with my controller board and the Park HPX F weapon servo takes well over an amp when switched. This causes a big dip in the battery voltage but by the use of a Low Drop Out regulator and a 2 cell Lipo (8.4v) it doesn't cause any interfernce with the motor drive. You are only starting with 6V so that effect is likely to be more. Using the stick rather than the switch causes a slower surge in current and so less dip in the battery voltage so may be the best bet for now.
JimBeeden

Post by JimBeeden »

oh right ok, well i bought two 6v nimh batteries, is there any way i can use both together? or is that impossible? ill work it by the stick for now and hope can stop it going into drop zones haha
Flipsting Progress: Completed version 2, first was a cardboard version, pictures will be on website when its set up
Team Terror

Post by Team Terror »

Two of my ants are armed with flippers, and both have the flippers operated by a stick instead of a switch, and they work fine.
Jack Evans
Captain
Team Terror
BeligerAnt

Post by BeligerAnt »

Jim, you can?t use the two battery packs together. At least not in any useful manner.
I think Peter is probably right about the current surge - volt drop problem. It seems that using the stick is the best chance of a workaround that will be ready by Saturday.
Gary, Team BeligerAnt
JimBeeden

Post by JimBeeden »

ah right ok thanks, well thats the working plastic armour flipsting, but without its outer casing to show the name etc, using the left and right on the left stick now, so even though the servo doesnt go fully up as it could, and actually goes some the other way if i make the stick go left, it really just needs more push power than flip power,
sorry for size i couldnt get it to go down , well wasnt sure how 2
Simon Windisch

Post by Simon Windisch »

Looks good but, as you say, a little big.

Simon
JimBeeden

Post by JimBeeden »

i was meaning the size of the picture, it was bigger in the preview, it just fits in a four inch cube thank god haha. and at about 142 grams