Event idea

All things antweight

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

Would you like this tournament (could attend possibly and find useful)

Yes
83%
No
17%

Total votes: 6

JimBeeden

Event idea

Post by JimBeeden »

thought this was best place as isnt an upcoming event but is to do with antweights haha, anyways, i live in the stamford, east midlands area, fairly close to nottingham, peterborough, leicester, and under 2 hour journey from birmingham to stamford, are there many antweight builders around that area or from further up north places that would find a informal tournament kinda like a aws and reading robot club warm up every so often useful, as depending on the people i could fit space in where i live, of course ill build a proper stadium, and if more than that i could try get a venue for it, as there are a few near where i live, just an idea, if theres many that like the idea, ill try organise one, however im in stafford from september so it would move usual place at that time, just an idea, thanks
Flipsting Progress: Completed version 2, first was a cardboard version, pictures will be on website when its set up
joey_picus

Post by joey_picus »

I'd certainly find it useful, long train journey from Yorkshire to Reading :P if you could organise something at a convenient time I'd be all for it.
JimBeeden

Post by JimBeeden »

well thats cool, i was thinking end of july maybe, need to check holiday dates, but as i have a fairly big living room if i get persmission from the owners, aka parents, tehn ill organise a date depending how many are interested
Flipsting Progress: Completed version 2, first was a cardboard version, pictures will be on website when its set up
muchalucha

Post by muchalucha »

I only tend to go to the bigger events further up the country as im in the south , but a great idea , if enough people are interested then go for it :D !
Fight or flight ... ?

...suicide
Team Terror

Post by Team Terror »

Sounds like a great idea to me, if you hold one in Stafford when you go there, there is a good chance I would attend :) Slightly less chance of the getting to the one in Stamford, but I'll think about it 8)
Jack Evans
Captain
Team Terror
JimBeeden

Post by JimBeeden »

well at the moment very likely ill arrange one late this year in stafford, as looks like easier for most that would like this to get to stafford , being close to birmingham and stuff, so ill keep an eye on the idea and plan some stuff,
Simon Windisch

Post by Simon Windisch »

We'll come if we can Jim.

I advise you to check this site and Roaming Robots and Robots Live sites to make sure you pick a date that doesn't clash with another robotic event, and try to pick a venue with lots of electricity sockets (or some at the very least).

Hope that helps

Simon
muchalucha

Post by muchalucha »

if if its close enough t one of the bigger events im going to id love to come along , shouldnt this be in the events section ?
Fight or flight ... ?

...suicide
JimBeeden

Post by JimBeeden »

as its a non set up event so far i thought best not to clutter the event page, sorry if wrong to do that lol