Help out a novice in need!

All things antweight

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

bitternboy

Post by bitternboy »

with the battery it looks like I must either use a 7.4v and use a regulator or just use a 4.8v, unless anyone can suggest a small, inexpensive 6v battery pack, cos I can't find one! :-?
bitternboy

Post by bitternboy »

There doesn't seem to be such a thing obviously. So does anyone know what specific battery is sold in the robotwars101 begginers antbot kit, cos it has be very reliable with anti-depressant and I think I will use it again. :)
Simon Windisch

Post by Simon Windisch »

bitternboy

Post by bitternboy »

thankyou, thankyou, thankyou, thankyou, thankyou, thankyou, thankyou, thankyou. That really helps. I'd almost given up on 6 volters. :D
Simon Windisch

Post by Simon Windisch »

My pleasure, good luck with it.

I do remember that one roboteer used a voltager regulator to increase the voltage of his batteries. I don't know how hard that is but obviously a 6v battery pack will be 25% heavier than a similar 4.8V one.

Simon
Team Terror

Post by Team Terror »

In the early days of antweight combat, I believe some builders managed to fit 7.2v(6 cell) NiMH batteries into their ants :P
Jack Evans
Captain
Team Terror
bitternboy

Post by bitternboy »

That's interresting. :o
muchalucha

Post by muchalucha »

dont know if this helps but when i started out with ants i was also going for the 100 pound mark. I use a 3 channel 40 mhz cheapo radio , 7.4 V 800 mah lipo , my own speed controllers and sanyo gear motors. All this does come to over 100 pounds but the i use i2c between my rx and speedos so i just swap most of it between my ants when i fight them , hope this helps :)
Fight or flight ... ?

...suicide