Pop!

All things antweight

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

josh

Re: Pop!

Post by josh »

Can you upload it somewhere so I can have a look? as long as it's not too complicated and you've labelled all the dimensions I can give it a go, yeah
RPD International
www.RPDintl.com
kickboxer

Post by kickboxer »

woop woop.
ill take a pic
josh

Post by josh »

Not an antweight but I'll make a build thread in the right place when I have a name for it... much to most people's disappointment it's another flipper... it's special though! full pressure, 110mm bore ram with a piloted shuttle valve, approx 2000l/min flow rate with 6 10mm orifice inlets into the valve and an even larger surface area in the form off a 50mm dia inlet from the mini buffer which is part of the valve. The main buffer is 2 times the volume of the ram and is fed by two 16oz co2 tanks at an angle to avoid liquid in the ram. drive is two speed 900s and it's all powered on a 4s lipo and a scorpion xxl. blah blah can't remember what else I was going to say... enjoy:
RPD International
www.RPDintl.com
Jonny

Post by Jonny »

oh my god! what's the stroke on the ram? i assume you're getting that buffer tank custom made, who from?
josh

Post by josh »

50mm stroke, it's all going to be machined by a sponsor in china hopefully. I'm going to try and get some machine access over here too as I'd like to do as much myself as possible.
RPD International
www.RPDintl.com
terminaldamage

Post by terminaldamage »

Looks epic! Don't think I've seen such an ambitious attempt at a flipper since the creation of Flow.
I'll be very impressed if you manage to get it all in the weight with a defence strong enough to stand up against moderate-to-high power attacks from other featherweights (I'm assuming this is a fw?) but I don't like to be a negative arse so I genuinely hope it all goes well 8)

One small point I would say; those Banebots wheels you've cadded in, are the green ones your intended/preferred choice? Having used them, I can say they'll get worn down pretty easily after a few battles in either a wooden-floored or metal-floored arena and would suggest going for the orange, or furthermore the blue, ones. But that's just my opinion :)
Jamie McHarg
RogueTwo Robots
www.rogue-two-robots.vze.com

With great power, comes great reliability.
josh

Post by josh »

It should be interesting but I calculate only about 2 kg spare for armour... so have to be clever with some ti rod and plate to see what I can do, It's very compact so there should be good distance between armour and structure/components. I was hoping as the wheels are 40mm wide each side and the weight is well balanced over the axles they shouldn't slip to much and I'd get away with the more grippy shore 30 wheels for an event or two and then change them (at 2 pound a wheel it shouldn't hurt so much) but If they've only lasted a couple of fights for you I may go with the shore 40 orange versions.
I hope to maybe have it done for the uk feather champs next year.
RPD International
www.RPDintl.com
Team Nuclear

Post by Team Nuclear »

I guess you are using a burket 5404 for the valve?
Ben
The creator of... Laser, Evil Pig Sty and Striker
josh

Post by josh »

The pilot valve is this 3/2 valve:
http://www.solenoidvalvesuk.com/dynamic ... e%2072.pdf
the main valve is mechanical and is inside the base of the ram itself. the 3/2 valve just vents the bottom chamber slightly and then the pressure does all the rest. the shuttle returns and seals the ram/buffer when I re-pressurize the bottom chamber.
RPD International
www.RPDintl.com
Remote-Controlled Dave

Post by Remote-Controlled Dave »

Name it after 90s band Pop Will Eat Itself!
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39