T_Y's Build Log

All things antweight

Moderators: administrator, BeligerAnt, petec

T_Y

Re: T_Y's Build Log

Post by T_Y » Sun Feb 02, 2020 7:56 pm

Ant Freeze 7 was technically my most successful event, in that one bot won the most fights in a competition on record for me... at 2 wins 2 losses XD

PM2 went 0/2. The first fight against Unorthodox was fun. That thing has a 70g servo giving its flips so much oomph. Eventually, the gearing slipped, which meant that I couldn't self-right. The second was against Team Effort's cluster, who pitted me with ease. I really need to get some more driving practise in against other people!

Error 404's debut was fun. Although it went 0/2, it proved that the mechanum wheels did work in the arena, as I managed to get around to the side of my opponents on several occasions. However, because it has no pushing power, I couldn't do anything once there. Unfortunately, Error 404's entire group had pushbots and flippers, with only spinner (which was the kind of opponent I'd wanted to fight with Error!), so I was very easily controlled by my opponents.

HYTTIOAOA is my most successful bot in competition, sitting at 2/2. I admit the first win was pretty lucky on my part, when my opponent and I charged at each other, he deflected off my sloped front into the pit. The first loss was against Shows Up and Kills Thanos, so I attached the aluminium wedge... it turns out that when I made it, I left a tiny shard of aluminium sticking out on the right hand side, and this is what caused HYTTIOAOA to veer right when I drove it in AWS 60 and this fight... that very quickly got cut off.

There's a few weeks to RoboDojo's sportsman beetleweight, full comabt antweight and bodgebots event, so I'll only be working on minor tweaks to the three. I really need to fix PM2's gears from slipping. A couple of ideas floated around at Ant Freeze, one was to increase the engagement for the teeth, and to get an aluminium servo horn to eliminate that as a factor in the give in the system.

I'm also toying around with the idea of cramming a second KingMax servo in there...
Thomas

Ants:
Percussive Maintenance 2: Tech Support Boogaloo
Have You Tried Turning It Off and On Again?
Error 404 - Robot Name Not Found
It's Not a Bug, It's a Feature!
Working As Intended

T_Y

Post by T_Y » Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:52 pm

Small update, the STL files for the mechanum wheels are now available on Thingiverse! https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4130500

I also might have committed to attempting to make 2 servo PM2 a thing now...

Thomas

Ants:
Working As Intended

T_Y

Post by T_Y » Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:46 pm

I came up with a new axe mechanism for Percussive Maintenance the other day, and have been busy building a prototype. It's loosely based on traditional flipper linkages to get a larger range of motion from the axe given the limited servo arm motion.

https://youtu.be/YQyxexTrDvI

It seems to work fine, so I'm going to incorporate it into a new version of Percussive Maintenance.

Introducing Percussive Maintenance 3: Revenge of the Spanner.

This will probably not be ready in time for Robodojo next week but should be ready before AWS61.
Thomas

Ants:
Working As Intended