Esc and Receiver

All things antweight

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

LimaHotel

Re: Esc and Receiver

Post by LimaHotel »

I use very similar clamps, and for bending 1.5mm I do use heat, but you need to be careful as polycarb goes brittle very easily with heat. I usually boil my 1.5mm polycarb for a few seconds before bending. Well, not quite boiling recently boiled water at any rate.
A grabber? I CHALLENGE IT WITH JIGGY!
teamfirebrain

Post by teamfirebrain »

Well due to parts getting lost in the mail and other mishaps, I will only have the one bot for this weekend :( However, everything has finally arrived!
My intention is to build 2 more bots over the next couple of months, hopefully one of them will be at least a little competitive!
I ended up getting 2 lemon rx Recievers, some more N20's and some turnigy brushed esc's. Thanks for all the help :)
Matthew Walters
Team Fire(B)Rain
Ants- Mildly Effective-Functional?
teamfirebrain

Post by teamfirebrain »

So I realised today, after being at AWS that I don't have any more switches, and I have no idea where I could get some. Does anyone have any recommendations? Preferably something relatively easy to solder as soldering still isn't my strong point :-? Also I realised that my basic electronics knowledge might need updating as I have very little idea what to put where so that I don't break any of the components! If anyone has any guides for that, it would be much appreciated :)
Matthew Walters
Team Fire(B)Rain
Ants- Mildly Effective-Functional?
MarkR

Post by MarkR »

I used these from Hobbytronics:

http://www.hobbytronics.co.uk/slide-swi ... ord=switch

They're only rated 0.5A, so I'm probably exceeding that by quite a bit, but only while the robot is actually active not while switching, so it's ok I suppose.
Robots: Betsie - RaspberryPi controlled flipper bot with gyro stablisation - too clever for her own good?
Stacie - tidy flipper; 4wd driven by hair bands