Manta ray and Others

All things antweight

Moderators: petec, administrator, BeligerAnt

TeamScrewUp

Manta ray and Others

Post by TeamScrewUp » Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:39 pm

you all know manta ray right? The robot that sucked at 54 and got joint 5th at 55. Yeah me neither. But i have been working on things for 56 (whenever that is) to make manta ray sadder. And better. Using a plastic face instead of foamboard for starters. Which can take a hammer hit pretty well. So it shouldn't be too bad against spinners.

On a side note. For anyone who is wondering. The foamboard face on manta ray. And the answer is to stop spinners from hitting anything solid. Which can stop them launching manta ray around.
Last edited by TeamScrewUp on Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Daaa
Manta ray (2WD wedge bot)
Poptart tories (Cluster bot)
Krave-lit (Dustpan)
The violation of our most basic human rights (Horizontal Spinner)
Nommy nommington (Joke)

Shakey

Re: Manta ray and anything about it.

Post by Shakey » Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:26 pm

TeamScrewUp wrote:
Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:39 pm
The foamboard face on manta ray. And the answer is to stop spinners from hitting anything solid. Which can stop them launching manta ray around.
*Whistles innocently*

I'm like to see the changes you make to the bot, making it your own!
Nuts And Bots - For all your components and ready built antweights!

Alex Shakespeare - Team Shakey / Nuts And Bots / Team Nuts:
AWS 44, 45, 49, 51 & 55 Winner - Far too many robots!

TeamScrewUp

Post by TeamScrewUp » Sat Aug 04, 2018 6:55 am

Shakey wrote:
Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:26 pm
TeamScrewUp wrote:
Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:39 pm
The foamboard face on manta ray. And the answer is to stop spinners from hitting anything solid. Which can stop them launching manta ray around.
*Whistles innocently*
I'm like to see the changes you make to the bot, making it your own!
Yeah i learned it isn't so good against vertical spinners with wedges. I would love to make it my own at some point. But for now i have to stick with kits and my other robots. Though i have plans for my own robots
Daaa
Krave-lit (Dustpan)
Nommy nommington (Joke)

TeamScrewUp

Post by TeamScrewUp » Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:21 pm

Nothing much happening to manta ray until october. And i probably won't be going to AWS56. For reasons.
Daaa
Krave-lit (Dustpan)
Nommy nommington (Joke)

TeamScrewUp

Post by TeamScrewUp » Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:40 am

Add on for manta ray (obviously):

After 55 coming out 5th place i need to get new wheels. I think with spare wheels, batteries and not losing a screw and a bolt for a motor mount (need to sort that out) it could get at least in top 3. Maybe. I could've asked shakey or someone else at the event for said screw and bolt. But i wasn't thinking about it at the time. (Shakey as an example because he was closest) anyway. Other than that. The wedge might stay steel. Because other than with Test Robot Please Ignore. It held ip well. Taking little to bo damage against holey moley and combat ant. Then again, they were grinding against a flat area. So i guess that is why. The tyres are the damaged part. So i could just swap out the tyres. Who knows.
Daaa
Krave-lit (Dustpan)
Nommy nommington (Joke)

TeamScrewUp

Post by TeamScrewUp » Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:00 am

Sooo. This week my plans are to buy new wheels and motor mounts so i can put them on to manta ray. And then put it back together. Hopefully this all goes well
Daaa
Krave-lit (Dustpan)
Nommy nommington (Joke)

TeamScrewUp

Post by TeamScrewUp » Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:42 am

So i now need to buy new parts for manta ray. To replace the bad or broken ones. Which should cost £7. So luckily it isn't a big loss
Daaa
Krave-lit (Dustpan)
Nommy nommington (Joke)

TeamScrewUp

Post by TeamScrewUp » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:12 pm

Going to AWS57. Just need to finish nom and fix MR.

Nuts and bots is my best bet
Daaa
Krave-lit (Dustpan)
Nommy nommington (Joke)

TeamScrewUp

Re: Manta ray and Others

Post by TeamScrewUp » Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:28 am

Oh wow i combined this for all of my bots. Anyway. Theres 20 days until AWS57 and i have one robot ready. My joke bot. Nommy nommington. However. The others aren't. noms battery died (won't charge anymore) and i need to buy a new one. Along with a new mounting system because the previous one broke. Manta ray has parts on the way so that i can fix him. Tyres. And a screw for the Motor Mount. That i was missing previously.

But hey. If all doesn't work out...... idk.
Daaa
Krave-lit (Dustpan)
Nommy nommington (Joke)

TeamScrewUp

Post by TeamScrewUp » Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:46 pm

So i finally fixed manta ray.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=h4HkzIsT1e0

Manta ray had one tyre as one had broke apart. From damaged recieved by holey moley. And had a screw missing because of me.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ju0ll9agg9k

Then after i fixed it.

SUBSCRIBE
Daaa
Krave-lit (Dustpan)
Nommy nommington (Joke)

TeamScrewUp

Post by TeamScrewUp » Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:14 pm

On the 23rd of february, i went to AWS58. In upper tysoe. The event was very fun and i mwt a lot of very kind people. As always.

BUT HOW DID THE ROBOTS DO??????

Well, for context

Manta ray is going into its 3rd competition now. After AWS54 and 55. Receiving somewhat minimal damage from both. Kinda. Not really.

Nommy nommington is a joke robot going into its first event. I only built him because i thought i would just have manta ray. Turns out i wouldn't.

Krave-lit is going into its second event. With improvements such as being bigger, having more space to eat robots. In sacrifice for *ACTUAL* paper armour. And also having a shorter hight. Ayy.

Getting to the event, i had all my robots Ready and charged. Saftey checks went Eh. Manta ray had to have some acetate trimmed (thin plastic boioi). Nommy Nommington having his *BIG OL GOOGLY EYES* go outside the cube. And only just getting into the cube. Krave-lit got into the cube fairly easily. So no problem. And thats the saftey check. Oh. Also krave-lit may have been the lightest antweight at the event. At 93 grams.

Now came the wait. But that was fine. Nothing broke so its a big win.

And the fights. I had krave-lit fighting push off first. Who was a wedge. However their batteries weren't charged in time for the fight. And they had to forfeit.

Next, nommy nomminton had to fight nemesis Mk 2 in which the jaw got broken off. And nommy died. The battery also exploded. And i spent 10 minutes getting all the corrosion out. Fun times. Nommy nommington could not get ready for its next fight and is now out of the tourney.

Then manta ray had to fight holesome. I didn't know the weapon that holesome had. And i just thought it was a grabber. Didn't really know that he had an overhead hole saw. But it doesn't matter because i pushed him over and out of the arena. First (or second) win of the event. Ayy.

Next was krave-lit against mr flipling. I did not know i was up against That. Flipper. So i went in with no idea of who i was fighting. He flipped me out. With a nice flip. And it landed. So. Nothing to say about that.

Then manta ray had to deal with boink. And it started with me being aggressive and flipping him around. And eventually being flipped over. Boink then had the struggle of pushing me out. As i continuously moved outside of my turning circle. It (of course) ended with me being pushed out.

Then krave-lit had a fight with the pushbot from mars. And...

IT WORKED!

Krave-lit grabbed the other robot. And controlled it around the arena. Before being pushed Nearly out pf the arena. However, he avoided it and the paper on krave-lit got ran over. And i drove out. And was left dangling. Until he drove off the paper on krave-lit. Krave-lit is now out of the tourney with one win, and two losses.

And then with manta ray as the only robot left. It was his turn to fight against smackdown. Again, i was being aggressive. But i just got pushed out at one point.

So now all three robots are out of the tourney. And i end the tourney at 2-5.... guess next is AWS58.
Daaa
Krave-lit (Dustpan)
Nommy nommington (Joke)

TeamScrewUp

Post by TeamScrewUp » Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:19 pm

So i have plans to take six robots to AWS58.

My plans are to take:

Manta ray - for the main competition
TVOUMBHR - for the main competition
Poptart tories - for the main competition
Krave-lit - for the main competition
Le spinny bois - for the lunchtime breaks.
BIF HIT! - for the gladiator/rumble

The condition they are in are:
Manta ray - ready
TVOUMBHR - not ready
Poptart tories - not ready
Krave-lit - ready
Le spinny bois - ready
BIG HIT! - not ready
Daaa
Krave-lit (Dustpan)
Nommy nommington (Joke)

TeamScrewUp

Post by TeamScrewUp » Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:55 pm

I̱̙̪͓̦̳̘̰͙ͧ͗ͥ̋ͤͨ̋ͭ̔̔ͯ͘͜T̨̥͎̜̹̿̐̊͊̎͞ ̻͇͍̹̲̩̂̎̅̅͐̽̾ͭͨͫ̚͘͝W̨͚͈̳͍͓̊ͯ͛ͯ́͘ͅI̴̍̐̿̆͏̲̘͔̲̝̬̳̜̳̝̫̖͎̪̣̳L̷̵̟̭̙̱̗̤̟̬̪̺̽̿̄ͤͦ̎L̛̰̻͇̟̠̺̳̲̭͖̤̹̼͙̆́ͥ̔̀̆̉̓ͪ̒̊ͪ̐͠ ̗̦̲̯͍̲͔̠̹̟͕̱̖̥̠̫̣̺͕̈ͯ̌͒͑͋͛̈͌́́́͘͝Rͬ͊ͪ͏̸̢̜̖͇͇͇̣̼̼̲̺E̒̏ͦ͆̎̔͋ͮ̏͏̵̞̯̪͕̱͢T̴̸̙͔͖̗̠̼̯̦͉̲̑͌ͤ́̎͢ͅŲ̸̛͓̩̻͓̻̖͚̭̪͇̗̖̜͊ͯ̔͒ͨ́͗͐̋ͯ̊̎̐̚R̸̶̡̙̬̣̝̖̬̪̲̦̜͖̩͉̖͓ͪ͑͒́ͤ̈ͧ̏̽ͬ̿̀̒ͦ͂̚͜ͅN̵͈͇͉̦̯̳̦̳̏̌ͭ̊̓̅̾̐̒̊ͬ̾̐ͭ͗͒͒ͬ͘͟͞ͅ ̛̛͚͎̣̩̹̠̮̘͂ͬ̔̄̍̄͂̂ͧ̾͘͘͟Ä̡̡̛͇̪̖͙̮̤͉̥̭̪̱̰͉̫͐ͭ͂͑̾̒͌̋ͫ͛͒̉̉͌͑͂ͅN̷̤͚̯̟͕͚̫̻͙͙̲̗͈͖͖̙̯͕͊̿̍̽̓́́ͅD̵̛̪̣̹̬̖͇̻̱̺̬̝͍̰̠͑͑̈ͥ̓̂̾ͮ͌ͅ ̞̦̼̮̪̖͖͇̺͒ͦ̏͂̀̐̅ͪͫͧͩͫ̀̚͡͞ͅŃ̵̖̦̬͔̣̖̻̪̝̻̜̮̖̣̹̘͔͓̮ͥ̉ͫ̒Ȩ̴̨̟̣̩̙̯͎̯̞͔͎̯̙̤̺͆͐̃͒̔ͧͬ̌̽̄͋ͦ̔̏̓̈́͂ͩͪ̀ͅV͊͗̌̽̄͂̚̚҉̧͈̠̤͈̼̦̠̟̞͓̙̞͇̻̮͠ͅĘ̶̱̳ͨͭ̈̋͐̎̉ͯ̈ͭͩͧ̽̄́̃̍͞͡ͅR̮̟̩̥̉̾ͧͥ̓͛͛̉͌ͬͯ̓̓͐̐͘ ̷̠̩̬̳̳͙̙̑̂̉͌̐̄̏͐̎͛ͫͩ̀͟D̤̟͍͓̹̹͉̯̣̘̺̜̙̗̲̊̈́͑̇ͧͧ̉͊ͩ́̀͞͠ͅÌ̿̽̉̋ͥ̍̆̄ͫ̐͏̡͉̮̦͙̦͈̠̰̗̟̱̟̝̠͇̹͔͙̙͞Ê̴͎̯̤̍ͭ̉̊ͧͮ̄̅̿ͬͧͤ͂ͮ͐̈͟͡͠ͅ
Daaa
Krave-lit (Dustpan)
Nommy nommington (Joke)

TeamScrewUp

Post by TeamScrewUp » Thu May 02, 2019 6:00 am

https://imgur.com/gallery/Z5iAhPK

So this is the end for nommy nommington.

Damn....

However i do have this for a new robot.....
http://imgur.com/gallery/HIr3vRL
Daaa
Krave-lit (Dustpan)
Nommy nommington (Joke)