Arc Robotics AWESC Problem

Please post all questions and answers in here. This way people can easily see if someone else has the same problem.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

Mcmad

Arc Robotics AWESC Problem

Post by Mcmad »

Trying to set a robot up for AWS56 on Saturday with one of these, but cannot get it to go into calibration mode. Have tried all positions of both sticks on the DEVO 7E but cannot get anything other than solid green LED and dim yellow LED. When first powered on without transmitter on one side spins briefly but other than that nothing.
Any thought or Ideas appreciated.

Cheers Jeff
Matt

Re: Arc Robotics AWESC Problem

Post by Matt »

When did you buy it? I have had the same problem and they have got rid of the fault about a week ago. If you send an e-mail to Chris Malton about this he should get you a working replacement by saturday. The new board should arrive quickly, hopefully in time for saturday.
Mcmad

Post by Mcmad »

Thanks Matt. Have been in contact with Chris (never expected a reply at 11 a night!) and he think the board ive got wouldnt have an issue. Travelling down now so will try and resolve with some assistance from you guys tomorrow at AWS as likely to be something daft we’ve done.

Cheers
Jeff
Matt

Post by Matt »

One more thing, cover the board and receiver in electrical tape to avoid short-circuiting the wiring on the antenne, which happened to me last night. Glad it happened a week before my next event(robo dojo/sheffield uni), which is on sunday. A disadvantage of having to make an undercutter invertible is having little space. All the electronics are on top of each other with the battery in between.