Newbie - DasMikro Burnout

All things antweight

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

MarkR

Re: Newbie - DasMikro Burnout

Post by MarkR »

This is somewhat worrying to me, I plan to try to power the Raspberry Pi from Dasmikro's regulator (I think it's within spec), but I don't want any firey surprises!
Robots: Betsie - RaspberryPi controlled flipper bot with gyro stablisation - too clever for her own good?
Stacie - tidy flipper; 4wd driven by hair bands
GDS

Post by GDS »

I've noticed that one chip on my second DasMikro gets rediculously hot as soon as I plug the battery in, ive never let it fry as the heat scared me to pulled the battery out, checked the whole board for shorts but found nothing, thought I must have made a mistake so put it to one side and only used the others I have, maybe it is a dodgy batch afterall... Might let it burn out and send a picture to Banggood
Dadam

Post by Dadam »

Sent a note to Banggood and a picture. They asked for pictures of the shipping label (on the parcel) and the SKU code (the label on the product packaging). So worth keeping for any you've not tested yet. As I had thrown away the packaging I explained I could only send a picture of the label on the bag for the 2nd one from the order. They have offered a £12 refund.

I think once the 2nd one's soldered up I'll be testing it outside.
voorsk

Post by voorsk »

Dadam wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:16 pm Sent a note to Banggood and a picture. They asked for pictures of the shipping label (on the parcel) and the SKU code (the label on the product packaging). They have offered a £12 refund.
same here. the refund went through this morning. can't fault their service!

not gonna buy another one, tho. can't be bothered with the waiting, the tiny soldering, and not knowing if it'll survive once it's complete.
Team BLEEP Suspicious Houmous / Sprouting Potato / Fermented Melon / Black Carrot
sgtbeardy

Post by sgtbeardy »

Yep, I've had four of these blow on me recently. 1 has been refunded and three have been resent... because I like wasting my time soldering things and watching them catch fire. Glutton for punishment. :)
Team Beardy Bots: Last Minute, Set Myself on Firestorm, Almost Certainly Balanced, Yin and Yang.
Paulmchurd

Post by Paulmchurd »

Looks like the dasmikro has been taken off banggood... hopefully v2 incoming
Fulford

Post by Fulford »

Fingers crossed.
First ant under construction :o
sgtbeardy

Post by sgtbeardy »

My three replacement boards turned up today that banggood sent me because the first three blew. Just soldered the first one up, forward, backwards, forwards... pop, pop, flash, smoke, smoke.

Followed by me replying to the replacement board email and asking for a full refund. I'm done with these boards, 1 out of 6 working isn't great. :P
Team Beardy Bots: Last Minute, Set Myself on Firestorm, Almost Certainly Balanced, Yin and Yang.
MarkR

Post by MarkR »

I suppose I was just lucky. My DasMikro seems to be holding up ok so far.
Robots: Betsie - RaspberryPi controlled flipper bot with gyro stablisation - too clever for her own good?
Stacie - tidy flipper; 4wd driven by hair bands
voorsk

Post by voorsk »

They're back in stock!

I know I shouldn't, but I'm buying another one. Hopefully it's a new batch without whatever defect it had that caused them to asplode.
Team BLEEP Suspicious Houmous / Sprouting Potato / Fermented Melon / Black Carrot