Team Shinobi Build

All things antweight

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

Skillz

Team Shinobi Build

Post by Skillz »

Build logs coming soon....
Having ordered lots of bit and bot (no puns implied) i will be starting design/construction very soon. I dont expect to be a world beater by any means just building a functional robot will be an accomplishment for me. Im hoping
Team Shinobi
Skillz

Re: Team Shinobi Build

Post by Skillz »

Team Shinobi
Skillz

Post by Skillz »

Ok so i purchased a 3d printer and conducted the print for my robot. I was very acurate in my measurements which worked against me as everything came out too tight that the parts didnt fit. I also had issues with it curling/warping.

Anyway i put it together and realised how tight I am for space. I might not now add the flipper and keep it as a push bot.

I have learnt a fair bit from my first attempt and sure to make improvements in future

Team Shinobi
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

That looks a fairly good print for a first attempt.
I find that if the flow % (bottom left in Cura) is set to 100% too much plastic is dispensed making holes tight and everything thicker than required I find 75% better.
As to the curling that is usually down to table leveling / first layer bonding and depends a lot on the table surface and material being used.
I always have a glass plate and usually use glue stick to get good adhesion. If using PLA that is usually enough but with ABS I find a bed temperature of 90 C about right.
Much of my 3D printing is a question of trial and error but when you do get it right the results can be really fantastic.