Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

Westie1

Re: The "Robot Wars" Effect

Post by Westie1 »

I wish I had kids so I had an acceptable excuse lol
jray

Post by jray »

Don't worry i've been ignoring my kids as best i can. So i can duck into the garage to drill holes in bodywork and remove unnecessary components from circuit boards to get to 150g.
Could anyone let me know/ point me in the right direction of when the next AWS will be?
Occashokka

Post by Occashokka »

The next AWS will be October November time, as there are three a year and the last was very late, as to where, who knows until we can find someone to organise with a venue. The whole process of organising and signing up will be in the events section of the forum
Team Badger
Has a 3d printer now yay
-£4.82+VAT (intact)
-cool modulated printed thingy
-not yet built nasty mean spinnt thingy

I'm gonna build something huge and stupid, try and stop me :P
jray

Post by jray »

Thanks Occashokka. Much appreciated.
Asht

Post by Asht »

It started out for them was going to rip down a couple of rc cars so they could battle and the more I read and researched it's become addictive I've got two more ants planned a pneumatic and a spinner. my sons two and every time the post comes he shouts robot ha
Reala

Post by Reala »

Occashokka wrote:The next AWS will be October November time, as there are three a year and the last was very late, as to where, who knows until we can find someone to organise with a venue. The whole process of organising and signing up will be in the events section of the forum
I hope to make it if it isn't too far away :D

Quick question: is there a list of AWS matches anywhere? One thing I've found when watching the Youtube videos is that I think 'wow - that robot is cool!' but its name isn't mentioned so I can't look it up online or do any research on it.
Skillz

Post by Skillz »

I love watching the AWS vids online
Team Shinobi
Reala

Post by Reala »

Skillz wrote:I love watching the AWS vids online
Same, I've been watching an hour or so of one every night once my partner falls asleep :)
Yard

Post by Yard »

Another keen newcomer here - as you can see by my join date, I've been lurking on and off for a while, but the revival of Robot Wars has definitely made me want to start posting :D

Cool seeing other people in the same boat, I'll be following all your builds and hopefully will start my own some day.
shangalaing

Post by shangalaing »

Yes, robot wars has brought me back too. Can't wait to get back into it!