Robot Wars TV Series 2016 BBC 2

Place discussions about upcoming events here in this thread.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

bot_bandit

Re: Robot Wars TV Series 2016 BBC 2

Post by bot_bandit »

I was lucky enough to be at the filming and see Nuts and of course all the other bots in action! As a kid I always wanted to watch robot wars so it was a dream come true! seeing the filming reminded me of my passion for robots and after talking to a few people here I learned about antweights and hence joined the forum. So can confirm the influence on the member count here :P After reading many posts on here and watching some AWS I decided to use my summer to build an antweight or two. The first one should be done within a week or so, just need to get some 3D printing done and that's about it. Just waiting to hear from Alex 'Shakey' on that one. Thanks to everyone for providing both entertainment and support with all your robots and knowledge :)
Luke H - Team Bandit
Shakey

Post by Shakey »

I'm glad you guys enjoyed the fights and thanks for the kind words!
bot_bandit wrote: The first one should be done within a week or so, just need to get some 3D printing done and that's about it. Just waiting to hear from Alex 'Shakey' on that one.
I don't have any messages from you on that?
Nuts And Bots - For all your components and ready built antweights!

Alex Shakespeare - Team Shakey / Nuts And Bots / Team Nuts:
AWS 44, 45, 49, 51 & 55 Winner - Far too many robots!
bot_bandit

Post by bot_bandit »

[/quote]
I don't have any messages from you on that?[/quote]

I sent an email! I'm sure it was to the right place. Just a couple of questions about the service you offer as I should be done in a few days. If you didn't receive it then I can send you a message through here!
Luke H - Team Bandit
Shakey

Post by Shakey »

bot_bandit wrote: I sent an email! I'm sure it was to the right place. Just a couple of questions about the service you offer as I should be done in a few days. If you didn't receive it then I can send you a message through here!
I found it, my email was getting overzealous with the decluttering. :)
Nuts And Bots - For all your components and ready built antweights!

Alex Shakespeare - Team Shakey / Nuts And Bots / Team Nuts:
AWS 44, 45, 49, 51 & 55 Winner - Far too many robots!
shakesc

Post by shakesc »

I think Mentorn are going through a big learning curve on putting this together but did a great job considering the timescales
Thanks to the Coopers for the work they put in as well
I started out with nothing and still have most of it left
petec

Post by petec »

Did enjoy the first episode although was struck by how very different it is from Battlebots both in presentation and intensity. Well done all those that took part - I know all too well it's not as easy as it appears on telly.

Makes me tempted to by some lipos for Thunderpants :lol:
------------
RobotWars101.org
RobotWars101.co.uk
Antweights.com
Antweights.co.uk
AntweightWorldSeries.com
joey_picus

Post by joey_picus »

petec wrote:Makes me tempted to by some lipos for Thunderpants :lol:
Do it :D although I think Nuts have lowered the bar considerably for ridiculous teamwear...

A thought actually, who else is planning for a second series? It must surely be all but inevitable given the positive reception (assuming the next five Sundays aren't Dara O Briain strangling kittens for an hour) and I know I for one am kickstarting my ongoing bigger weight class efforts with half an eye on it...
Joey McConnell-Farber - Team Picus Telerobotics - http://picus.org.uk/ - @joey_picus
"These dreams go on when I close my eyes...every second of the night, I live another life"
petec

Post by petec »

although I think Nuts have lowered the bar considerably for ridiculous teamwear...
Hmm - thankfully you were all spared the outfits that we wore for Thunderpants as Mentorn decided not to show us....Nuts were conservative in comparison. :)
------------
RobotWars101.org
RobotWars101.co.uk
Antweights.com
Antweights.co.uk
AntweightWorldSeries.com
joey_picus

Post by joey_picus »

oh I've seen pictures. :P
Joey McConnell-Farber - Team Picus Telerobotics - http://picus.org.uk/ - @joey_picus
"These dreams go on when I close my eyes...every second of the night, I live another life"
bitternboy

Post by bitternboy »

joey_picus wrote: A thought actually, who else is planning for a second series? It must surely be all but inevitable given the positive reception (assuming the next five Sundays aren't Dara O Briain strangling kittens for an hour) and I know I for one am kickstarting my ongoing bigger weight class efforts with half an eye on it...
I'm honestly considering it Joey :D
I'm going to see what I can do about some uni sponsorship.

I thought the show was fantastic; Dave, Rory and Alex, you guys were the best bit and should be dead proud!
Some guys from work also feature in another heat so I'm already fairly invested :P
Jonathan Atkinson
Before you criticize another person, first walk a mile in their shoes. Then, when you critisize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.