Build Diary for a new antweight

All things antweight

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

botomatic1000

Re: Build Diary for a new antweight

Post by botomatic1000 »

Cheers man now I can get lamprey looking nice when it's finished
Ethan Wall KINGS HEATH COLLIDERS
Current Robots: Sprat Bait: The worst 150g Wedge ever built...
Elysium 1.4: Antweight Undercutter, built by Team Riptide, Brummie glass cannon edition!
Barracuda: Beetleweight Vert... hates working...
Fenrir

Post by Fenrir »

botomatic1000 wrote:Cheers man now I can get lamprey looking nice when it's finished
Yeah it sounds like a nice design, hope everything goes right for you, and make sure you don't give up! :D
botomatic1000

Post by botomatic1000 »

I'm hoping it does too thanks :D
Elysium 1.4: Antweight Undercutter, built by Team Riptide, Brummie glass cannon edition!
bot_bandit

Post by bot_bandit »

I love the theming and aesthetic of this robot! It'll be one of the coolest looking teams out there. Can't wait to see photos/videos of the finished bot in action. Any plans for which mythical beast will be next?
Luke H - Team Bandit
Fenrir

Post by Fenrir »

Well, I do have my first robot, which is a lifter but is poorly built, so once Roc is up and running I plan to gut the internals of my first robot and rebuild it, and I'm thinking of theming it around an Oni, a Japanese demon that had the power to cause disasters, disease and famines and looks like some sort of hideous troll so that should be fun, haha.
Fenrir

Post by Fenrir »

Just a quick update. Transmitter is on its way, as is receiver, not entirely sure whether they'll work together but it's worth a shot and another receiver shouldn't be too costly.

I made another front scoop using the new vice as the first cracked when drilling a couple more holes due to a new addition, this one is much sturdier in the bends and appears to fit a bit better on the robot
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (120.3 KiB) Viewed 9829 times
The reason I was drilling more holes was for this interchangeable scoop to fit in the front panel for some more precision control and as a barrier against more destructive robots. I wouldn't want the beak being ripped off by a spinner, at any rate.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (103.99 KiB) Viewed 9829 times
So that's it for now, I also tightened the bolts on the wings because they were getting a little loose but there isn't much else to report. The battery does appear to lose its charge a little more quickly than my other one though so might end up buying a new one at some point.
bigsi111

Post by bigsi111 »

Looking very good!
Fenrir

Post by Fenrir »

So Roc is done. As you can see it's a little fragile looking, the front is lowered by the piece of flexible plastic, I'm not actually sure what it is it just came from the RW101 ant shop so much appreciation for that. What's also noticeable is the two side fins in order to roll it onto its back so the tail can right the robot. I experimented with their placement, and where they are now isn't the most reliable in rolling the robot over but it works around 50% of the time, and when it's on its back it rights itself flawlessly. The tail feathers get a little bent but it happens, they're made of carboard. The beak is a little disappointing, at least aesthetics wise, but it gets a nice grip when I fought it against my other not-quite-antweight, so I'm pleased it works. The robot also does appear to just about fit in the four inch cube, and if not I'll sacrifice it's self righting ability to allow it to do so. Overall I'm quite happy with it. Next to rebuild my first robot.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (46.98 KiB) Viewed 9761 times
I had to really shrink the image down to fit it in the attachments so apologies for poor quality.
botomatic1000

Post by botomatic1000 »

Cool.
playzooki

Post by playzooki »

Very good, one of the best looking antweights i have seen