AWS 49 - Coventry - April 30th 2016

Place discussions about upcoming events here in this thread.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

Spaceman

Re: AWS 49 - Coventry - April 30th 2016

Post by Spaceman »

Signed up!

When are proceedings kicking off? Might not be able to get there unitl 10ish. would that be too late? if so let me know and will try sort out something
Team 1202

Robototron (Flipper)
Crabulon (Walker)
UserFriendly

Post by UserFriendly »

Just about to sign up. Can I just clarify - we have 4 robots in total (rollers), but I can only enter 3 of them for the team, is that right?

If I want to run the other one, do I need to put that under a separate team name?

One more thing, I take it it's better to sign up anyway with one of my (currently) unfinished bots, and have it removed if I don't finish it, than it is to sign it up late?

:D

Andy
Andy B - Team UserFriendly
Reading Cybernetics Graduate 1996
Trying not to take Antweights too seriously. I think I'm failing.
First AWS was 46.
BeligerAnt

Post by BeligerAnt »

Hi Andy, you are right on every point! :)
The "team" limit is 3 rollers plus one cluster/walker. The 4th roller would have to be on a different team - different driver and transmitter and could potentially be drawn in the same group as one of the other 3.
All entries are confirmed by the organiser on the day - usually when they pass tech checks, so it's very easy to drop any that don't show up or fail for any other reason.
Equally, signing up on the day is possible but a little more time consuming. It's always better for the organisers if the number singed up is close to the actual number of entries on the day. A big difference makes for a big headache!
Gary, Team BeligerAnt
Hogi

Post by Hogi »

How do I go about changing my fourth entry? I may have enter penguins instead of the plums foible this time as it will likely not be finished in time.
Daniel Jackson.

Team Hectic.

Many antweights

Super antweights: territorial.

Fleaweights: fleadom fighter, gaztons.

Featherweights: hectic (under construction)
BeligerAnt

Post by BeligerAnt »

Dan,
If you go to the list of entrants (and log in) you will see a "Delete" button next to each of your entries. You can just delete one entry and replace it with another. You can do this online and you can also do it at the event (although online in advance is preferable!).
Gary, Team BeligerAnt
BeligerAnt

Post by BeligerAnt »

Sorry everyone, my trip to France was cancelled :( so you'll have to put up with me at the AWS! :D
Gary, Team BeligerAnt
Hogi

Post by Hogi »

Thanks for the help Gary and glad you will be able to make it. :)
Daniel Jackson.

Team Hectic.

Many antweights

Super antweights: territorial.

Fleaweights: fleadom fighter, gaztons.

Featherweights: hectic (under construction)
joey_picus

Post by joey_picus »

That's brilliant Gary (obviously not the not going to France bit!), glad you're going to be there to help out when I inevitably dear the AntLog up :)

We're still working on the final details of the event (apologies!), but I can tell you the following:

> Arrive by 10am (ideally) for a start time of 11am. We'll be going more or less straight into the AWS; the FWS, nWS, and any other fights will happen afterwards, in that order. We should be done by 5pm - hopefully with the aid of AntLog it'll all run smoothly.
> Streaming is on, but details to be confirmed by Scott as he's in charge - if you can't make it, stop by and say hi in the chat!
> We'll (i.e. me and Tracy) be staying at the Ibis Coventry South, which is within walking distance of the school - if anyone else is staying on the Friday night, does anyone else want to go for pizza or something similar? :)
Joey McConnell-Farber - Team Picus Telerobotics - http://picus.org.uk/ - @joey_picus
"These dreams go on when I close my eyes...every second of the night, I live another life"
EpicentrE

Post by EpicentrE »

Hi all!

I've just updated the first post of this thread with the schedule and stream information. Looking forward to seeing you all this weekend. If you can't make it, please come and join us on the stream!
Scott Fyfe-Jamieson, Captain of Epic Robotics. Champion of AWS38/41/42.
http://www.epicrobotics.co.uk
BeligerAnt

Post by BeligerAnt »

If anyone's trying to reset their Antlog password, I'm sorry I seem to have broken that feature yesterday! :oops:
Send me an email or PM and I should be able to send you the reset link. Hope to have it unbroken soon...
Gary, Team BeligerAnt