AWS 48, Basingstoke, 21st November 2015

Place discussions about upcoming events here in this thread.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

AntRoboteer

Re: AWS 48, Basingstoke, 21st November 2015

Post by AntRoboteer »

HOLD IT!!! We're going to give it a go! Looking a lot better now and we think we can make it by about 10 so still cutting it fine but hey, we'll give it a try. :D
joey_picus

Post by joey_picus »

Good luck guys and be safe!

I'm kind of already here, about a floor up from where Gary is :) good luck to everyone coming, hopefully it's a good day!
Joey McConnell-Farber - Team Picus Telerobotics - http://picus.org.uk/ - @joey_picus
"These dreams go on when I close my eyes...every second of the night, I live another life"
Remote-Controlled Dave

Post by Remote-Controlled Dave »

That postcode has brought us to some housing estate...

9ES instead of 9EF has helped.
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39
Occashokka

Post by Occashokka »

Don't keep me in suspense... How did it go??
Team Badger
Has a 3d printer now yay
-£4.82+VAT (intact)
-cool modulated printed thingy
-not yet built nasty mean spinnt thingy

I'm gonna build something huge and stupid, try and stop me :P
Hogi

Post by Hogi »

thanks to everyone who came and particularly to all those who helped out with the running of the event. it was fantastic! everything ran smoothly and we got very positive feedback. congratulations to all the winners and we hope to see everyone again at the next one wherever that may be. :)
Daniel Jackson.

Team Hectic.

Many antweights

Super antweights: territorial.

Fleaweights: fleadom fighter, gaztons.

Featherweights: hectic (under construction)
Remote-Controlled Dave

Post by Remote-Controlled Dave »

Thanks all. We've made it to Hull in great time. Thanks for a fun day.
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39
alasdair

Post by alasdair »

Great event, very well run and enjoyable defenitely. Congrats to the winners of course!
AntRoboteer

Post by AntRoboteer »

Thanks so much for an awesome event! It was run very well indeed and was great fun. :D

Congratulations to everyone; there wasn't a single bad robot (except perhaps Battle Master which didn't even make it into the arena!). :D

I'm very impressed with how much AntLog has improved; the online interface to see the draws in advance is fantastic. It would be nice not to be drawn continually against the same people/robot though; perhaps something that could be improved possibly?

Hope to see you all again at an event very soon! :D
BeligerAnt

Post by BeligerAnt »

The problem of recurring fights was very noticeable; I think it's something to do with the fact that we had 81 robots so groups of 10 (and one of 11).
I will work through the logic to see if it can be improved. "simply" swapping losers between groups is not a solution as it makes it likely that robots from one team will meet each other in the group stages. The groups are designed to prevent this from happening.

Everyone: I'm working on the draw logic to solve the problem of repeating fights! There's no need for anyone else to mention it! :)

P.S.
The results of the antweight competition are now on antlog.garya.org.uk

Thanks for all the positive comments I (and Paula!) received about Antlog. It's supposed to be an improvement on Antlog2 arter all ;)
Don't forget that Antlog2 is still available, as are the paper charts, via my website.

If you have any comments, suggestions or particularly bug reports, please use the Antlog thread: http://robotwars101.org/forum/viewtopic ... 0&start=60

I know the user interface is not ideal in places and I'm sure there are a million 'nice to have' features but it's far easier to get feedback on something than gather 'what if's from people with no frame of reference.

And since this is actually the AWS48 thread, big thanks to Dan & family for a great event even if my robots and driving didn't do it justice :oops: Congratulations to all the winners, and special congratulations to all the representantives of "the rest of us" that got into the finals alongside Andy, Alex and Will :D
Gary, Team BeligerAnt
earthwormjim

Post by earthwormjim »

Thanks everyone for a great event. Was my first one in a while, and it didn't take long for me to remember why I love ants so much. It is such a great community attended by a brilliant bunch of people. Well done to everybody, for everything, ever!