Team Shakey Robotics - Ant parts for sale!

All things antweight

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

Remote-Controlled Dave

Re: Team Shakey Robotics - Ant parts for sale!

Post by Remote-Controlled Dave »

I always thought there was a market for a single channel speed controller for one motor, for use in an axe or something. But that might be more a Rory thing.

Also, a way to mount motors to a vertical plane rather than a base or horizontal plane would be handy sometimes.

Also...tracks?
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39
Nixon

Post by Nixon »

I'd second tracks. Can't find a UK vendor with the Polulu 22T in stock.

Also, could you bring me 4 pairs of the 20mm neoprenes to AWS for me?
Remote-Controlled Dave

Post by Remote-Controlled Dave »

I find the Pololu's a bit hard to work with and a bit heavy. Would be nice to get some that are small and light and easy to mount.
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39
Rapidrory

Post by Rapidrory »

(I did do a one off single channel ESC for Dave W back in the summer, but FingerTech now have theirs in UK stock, and it outranks mine in many ways and is roughly the same price, so it's not really worth me developing further.)
Rory Mangles - Team Nuts

Robots: Nuts 2 and many more...

NanoTwo Motor Controllers: https://nutsandbots.co.uk/product/nanotwodualesc
Shakey

Post by Shakey »

Remote-Controlled Dave wrote: Also, a way to mount motors to a vertical plane rather than a base or horizontal plane would be handy sometimes.
Do you mean such as on the back wall of a robot? Or like a mount that is at 90 degrees to the normal?

I am working on ESC stuffs but it's a bit funds limited, waiting till I fully pay off the printer first. Custom ones and reprogrammed brushless etc. (Alsoa budget feather esc based off of brushless)

And I'll make sure I have the neoprenes for you Nixon. Would you like lighter ones or tougher (but heavier ones)? (Hadn't announced any kind of tougher version of the neoprenes but I have the files.)

I'll look into tracks but they may be something that'll take a while as I think I'd need harder silicone for them, the current stuff is far too stretchy. Would it be worth just making the entire mechanism so you just bolt it to the robot? (Like each side, it wouldn't have a base or anything, just the 2 wheels and track (as an option)?

I was also thinking some base chassis, like space for battery, esc, motor mounts and servo. It's not a kit if you put it in the arena as is it wouldn't function as a robot, it's more like the core of one you build the rest onto.
Nuts And Bots - For all your components and ready built antweights!

Alex Shakespeare - Team Shakey / Nuts And Bots / Team Nuts:
AWS 44, 45, 49, 51 & 55 Winner - Far too many robots!
Nixon

Post by Nixon »

I'll have the lighter ones. The ducted fan bot they're for will have enclosed wheels so they won't have to be as strong.
Rapidrory

Post by Rapidrory »

Shakey wrote:I am working on ESC stuffs
*Grrrr* :P
Rory Mangles - Team Nuts

Shakey

Post by Shakey »

I am now printing all my wheels in ABS, this allows for a wheel that is far more impact and spinner resistant while also being lighter. The weights have been adjusted in the main post to reflect this!

If anyone wants wheels for the upcoming AWS please let me know so I can make sure they are posted in time or to bring them to the event.

Shakey

Post by Shakey »

I've been working away to bring you 2 new products one of which I really hope will see some exciting new robots.

First up is a 22mm variant of my silicone wheels. These can be adjusted to be between 19-25mm diameter as is needed. I also went with a more aggressive tread to help keep grip. They are also available in a thicker 12mm width tyre version. Tough hubs are standard on these as there isn't much plastic to lose to make lighter versions and at only 2.2g each it really isn't needed (though as always if you really REALLY need to shed some weight let me know and I'll sort something out)! £5 a pair.

I was asked by quite a few people to sell this next product. Light drive units:

"These lightweight drive units are at home in an ant as much as a nanoweight. Reinforced with a bearing on the output shaft they are built to withstand combat, aimed at robots needing a lightweight drive system. Recommended to be used with small (around 20mm) wheels. Can be used in all situations at 1S, at 2S it is recommended to use multiple units, limit travel adjust or use in low load robots such as spinners. Each unit incorporates two mounting holes for use with M2 screws. There are left and right variants of the units." £7 a pair.

They are the same 5 stage gearboxes (These units typically only come with 4 stage resulting in low torque and overheating) I developed for my ant killer nanos being able to easily push ants about on 1S with decent speed. They should work fine on 2S though I advise caution against high loads and recommend multiple units if used in ants for example. Shouldn't be hard considering you can wedge 3 of these in a robot for every standard gear motor at only 3.6g each! A thanks to pete for finding the bearings I am using, I had been thinking about using them to help reinforce them in combat but pete found bearings that actually fitted. :D

It's almost the same drive units as used in 'fite me m8' which can happily push ants and has plenty of torque in the drive. I'm putting together a flea using 4 of them to help demonstrate their use in higher weights and am designing an ant spinner that also uses these. Wheels for them are on their way in the next few days in both ~20mm silicone and ~20mm neoprene variants. Expect to see some test videos in the next few days as well.

The webstore is nearly complete as I've ironed out one of the last bugs stopping me finishing it off!
Last edited by Shakey on Fri Aug 14, 2015 11:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Rapidrory

Post by Rapidrory »

Hmm, those small silicon wheels would make a good upgrade for people with shockbots kits; should give loads of extra grip..
Rory Mangles - Team Nuts