Jon's Cheerful Robots

All things antweight

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

Remote-Controlled Dave

Re: Jon's Cheerful Robots

Post by Remote-Controlled Dave »

Ah, the risks of antweight combat. To modify or not to modify, that is the question. I'm sure you'll thrive under the pressure of time!
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39
bitternboy

Post by bitternboy »

Well, delirious did OK, which surprised me a bit; it was more of an experiment than anything else but it worked in ways I hadn't expected. Needs some rebuilding after two fights with spyro 2 though. I think I'll make it a permanent fixture.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acv2PFc ... playnext=1 This fight was epic by the way :)
I hadn't touched KIWI since the last AWS so the moment I got it out of my toolbox I knew I'd been neglecting it. Defo needs a rebuild.

Jeeves did well although it needs a new way of self-righting (the current one pretty much lost me the FWS combined with my driving).

Overall, I'm pleased. Looking forward to working on them for AWS 39.
Jonathan Atkinson
Before you criticize another person, first walk a mile in their shoes. Then, when you critisize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.
bitternboy

Post by bitternboy »

I wondered if anyone with one of those chargers that brings overdischarged LiPos back could let me use it for a few minutes tomorrow. I've just overdischarged my last 240mah pack and so am left with only a 120mah available (which will do for now).

On a lighter note:
Delirious is now fixed (and blue), KIWI actually works this time and Jeeves can self right.

All set for tomorrow :)
Jonathan Atkinson
Before you criticize another person, first walk a mile in their shoes. Then, when you critisize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.
Rhys

Post by Rhys »

Is that the problem where your charger won't recognise it because the voltage had dropped too low, or something to that effect? I'm pretty sure I've fixed something like this with one of my friends aeroplane batteries, so you're welcome to try my charger tomorrow.
bitternboy

Post by bitternboy »

Cheers :D
Jonathan Atkinson
bitternboy

Post by bitternboy »

Just an update to say I haven't dissapeared. I've left college and got a gap year job in the cambridge science park which has made me crazy busy. As a result, expect an unfortunate dip in my attendance to events but hopefully a jump in robot quality; the company I'm at has some rather lovely and pricey equipment I'm free to use :wink:
Jonathan Atkinson
bitternboy

Post by bitternboy »

Today I recieved some rather lovely black anodised aluminium. Delerious V2 is gonna look SHWEEEEEEET!
Also a rather fancy EDF-claw-bot called BaauerBird is under construction, I'm determined this is the year I make it into an AWS Final.
Jonathan Atkinson
bitternboy

Post by bitternboy »

Hey, I've been working on getting my EDF up and running and honestly it's a bit weedy. It's quoted as producing 72 grams of thrust at 8.4V but so far the most I've been able to get out of it is 15g and when fitted into the chassis it gives less than 10g :(
I'm using a 25C, 450mah, 2cell hyperion LiPo and this EDF -> http://www.aeorc.cn/products/motor/edf- ... w5Qg_l_tx0
Can anyone give me any advice on boosting the thrust?
Jonathan Atkinson
bitternboy

Post by bitternboy »

Woah, did I just write that without realising the C rating on the battery wasn't nearly high enough? Guess I'll need a better battery then :-?
Jonathan Atkinson
Rhys

Post by Rhys »

The battery sounds like it should be fine, unless I'm missing something? 450mah at 25C is 11.25A, and the stats on that website say the fan only needs 4.9A, so it should be fine. Silly question, but it is running the right way up isn't it? Do you have a picture of your set up?