Brighton Mini Maker Faire 8th September 2012

Place discussions about upcoming events here in this thread.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

bitternboy

Re: Brighton Mini Maker Faire 8th September 2012

Post by bitternboy »

I'll be there tomorrow in the afternoon hopefully with a demo bot to help out. :)
Jonathan Atkinson
Before you criticize another person, first walk a mile in their shoes. Then, when you critisize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.
josh

Post by josh »

Managed to throw my train ticket in the bin and keep the receipt instead... however problem now resolved and I'll be there nice and early.
May also have a spot in the Brighton Argus for our stand, as the result of a spare 5 minutes for my PR guy yesterday...
RPD International
www.RPDintl.com
James

Post by James »

Was a good event, there were definitley lots of interested people and we managed to keep several robots in the arena all day thanks to everyone who came to help/ dropped off robots for display. :)

Pete W, i've got combatant's blade covers(found them in the display case when tidying up. I'll bring them to Coventry unless you want them before then let us know and I'll stick them in the post.

There was also a pack of duracell AA batteries left on the table which I think are either Dave's or Ceri's...
olivers

Post by olivers »

Was nice to see everyone again, I didn't realise how many Antweight builders would be there. Not much room to move around.

Lots of stuff to think about, need to read up on the reprap now. Think I can justify £400 to build one, who needs Shapeways....
Psychostorm

Post by Psychostorm »

Josh, That happens to a lot of people. I, right have a National rail reservation coupon & left the train ticket in Mr Weston's car. Still got through the barrier.

James, the batteries are Dave's.
BeligerAnt

Post by BeligerAnt »

Massive thanks to PeteC, Peter W, Dave W, Ceri, Josh, Jonathan, Oliver, Laurie and of course Paula, James and Bethany for helping out with the stand and/or loaning robots.
A very busy day with robots running in the arena continuously from 10am til 5pm - well done guys!

If you were a visitor to the stand, then thank-you for your time and I hope you feel inspired to build a robot and get involved with our great hobby.
Gary, Team BeligerAnt
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

Yes it was a good day with lots of interest and some quite good exhibits to look at if a bit warm.
Cheers James the next AWS will be fine for the blade covers.
petec

Post by petec »

It was certainly a busy day....turned out to be expensive as well - stayed on for something to eat in Brighton and the parking was nearly as expensive as the meal :roll:

Thanks to Gary for all the hard work organising things and to everyone who came and helped.

Josh - any chance you could put a link to antweights.com on your miproto.com page please? I think you may get a fair few people going to your site looking for antweights.
------------
RobotWars101.org
RobotWars101.co.uk
Antweights.com
Antweights.co.uk
AntweightWorldSeries.com
James

Post by James »

The pictures that I took yesterday are here

Peter, i'll bring the blade covers to the AWS then, Dave, i'll bring your batteries too :)
James

Post by James »

Just seen makerfaire post this video of the day on facebook

http://vimeo.com/51930473

At about 2:30 then there are a few seconds of napalm death fighting antipathy:)