AWS31 Eindhoven 17th April 2010

Place discussions about upcoming events here in this thread.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

I will be there

Yes
57%
No
43%
Maybe
No votes

Total votes: 14

Simon Windisch

Post by Simon Windisch »

It was good if a bit empty. I'll put the vids up on Monday.

Simon
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

Congratulations to Tim thats the first spinner to win an AWS since AWS22 which was DBA then.
Team Terror

Post by Team Terror »

It's a pity the volcanic ash stopped most people from going. Well done to everyone :)
Jack Evans
Captain
Team Terror
razerdave

Post by razerdave »

Actually Pete it was Kajuscha that won it in AWS 22, still a dutch spinner though, so you're forgiven ;)
joey_picus

Post by joey_picus »

Well done Tim, it is a shame about the reduced competition but a win's a win, and as Peter noted it's the first spinner to win in a while :)
Joey McConnell-Farber - Team Picus Telerobotics - http://picus.org.uk/ - @joey_picus
"These dreams go on when I close my eyes...every second of the night, I live another life"
razerdave

Post by razerdave »

According to Rick Maas, its not the DBA we all know and fear, Tim's confused us all because he now has 3 DBA's, DBA Evo, DBA Evil and DBA (Da Black Ant), his carbon fibre pusher/lifter, and thats the one that won.

Sorry

Just a thought actually, having looked at the pic of DBA, he would have a spektrum servo on either side of the lifting scoop, just wondering how do you reverse a servo without an actual servo reverser like you can buy ?
BeligerAnt

Post by BeligerAnt »

All you have to do to reverse a servo is to reverse the connections to the motor, and reverse the connections to the ends of the feedback pot'.

I had to do this on a Naro once after they changed the way the servos worked...
Gary, Team BeligerAnt
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

You are quite right as usual Dave it was Kajuscha sorry Leo. I was really going all out to get a spinner to win again by both improving the stability of mine and entering 4 spinners and I didn't even get there. Maybe at Reading next month unless Dan has other ideas again.
Babeth

Post by Babeth »

razerdave wrote:I said it to mario but I'll say it here as well, congratulations to you both, about time you two got married, you've been together for about 10 years or around that ?

Do you have a date ?
10 years together already, which is why the date of 10-05-'10 is rather appropriate. (No, not October, October has no holidays you can combine with the 3 legal "Marriage Holidays" in order to get an entire week off without having to spend any of your "regular" holidays. :wink: )
Simon Windisch

Post by Simon Windisch »

Congratulations Bebeth

Videos will be uploaded to http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p ... 1D74993BBD and I'll pass the original DVD to Peter soon.

I'm looking forward to a repeat visit in 2013.

BTW Caroline of team EFWAH (incorrect spelling I know) has produced an excellent "How to build a Robot Wars robot booklet).

Simon