AWS26

Place discussions about upcoming events here in this thread.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

Craig_Anto3

AWS26

Post by Craig_Anto3 »

I'd Like to host AWS26 or what ever it is in the summer of 08, on Aug 9th at a local festival in which i am running a heavyweight event

event will be Burntwood Staffs near Lichfield (ish), the festival attractted 12,000people last year would be great to bring ants to a large public event
leo-rcc

Post by leo-rcc »

So it would be Heavyweight and Antweight? Feathers as well?
Best regards,

Leo van Miert.
Dutchrobotgames
Team RCC website
Craig_Anto3

Post by Craig_Anto3 »

yes feathers also, not an FRA event as of yet, need to come home, in Feb not March now, and talk to Mr Kane but it will be, cant see why it wouldnt

I can offer you and Tim Accommodation but thats about it i think i dont expect you to come Leo, i'm sure it will be close to the UK Champs and i would expect you to prioritise that
leo-rcc

Post by leo-rcc »

Well that depends, if they run the UK champs in the same place as last year I might give it a miss. But we will see.
Best regards,

Leo van Miert.
Dutchrobotgames
Team RCC website
Simon Windisch

Post by Simon Windisch »

We're usually away on holiday during the first part of the summer holidays, sorry Craig.

Simon
muchalucha

Post by muchalucha »

too far and that sounds a gbreat one :(
Fight or flight ... ?

...suicide
BeligerAnt

Post by BeligerAnt »

The problem with August is that it's holiday time. We don't have a free weekend in August at all.

Whilst a public demonstration is a good thing, I don't think an AWS is a good public demonstration. A "serious" competition is not the best way to provide an entertaining demonstration.

Run ants by all means, but I do not think it should be an AWS competition.
Gary, Team BeligerAnt
teamocean

Post by teamocean »

I think I should be able to come to this one with my feathers by then we should have 6 featherweights and possibly a heavy.

Also i will have been off for 5 weeks before then so it would be good to have an event to get ready for.
Will Thomas
Team Shock
www.shockbots.co.uk
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

Craig I seem to remember some time ago that we decided that AWS events would not be run along side other robot events as it was too difficult to get through all the battles when frequecies had to be shared. With the advent of 2.4Ghz this may well have changed so I suggest you put it to the committee meeting at AWS25. As Gary says there is no reason you couldn't have ants anyway maybe your UK Antweight Championship that you were going to organise.
Craig_Anto3

Post by Craig_Anto3 »

I do remember that conversation we all had, however i have run 3 AWS in the past and i know how to make it work, I cant see why an AWS in an event tailored to Ants could be a problem
I'm back in 3 weeks to pester you all in person, Many apologies i'm not online that much (i'm in New Zealand) I'll come and pled my case in a few weeks, would the commitee like to meet with me?

I would like a private descusion with you all.