No votes
all the internal components
100%

Total votes: 4

josh

Antweight kits

Post by josh »

hi

im working on creating some simple antweight kits. I already have aa place that will be selling them once they are completed. there will be 3 different packages a pusher package a scoop package and a lifter package. I will post cads and sketches later. i wanted to know whether people think that i should sell the kits with all the electronics inside or just the motors? also would people prefer templates and a sheet of 1mm polycarb to cut themself or to have it pre cut and bent?

thanx
josh
josh

Post by josh »

hi i have done some very basic cads of what the kits would look like without armour.

Kit 1 (Pusher)
Kit 2 (scoop)
Kit 3 (lifter)

tell me what you think all the parts would be milled in polycarb and be pre tapped so all you need to do is screw it together :)
RPD International
www.RPDintl.com
Flippt

Re: Antweight kits

Post by Flippt »

Ah, another marketing research :)
josh wrote:..also would people prefer templates and a sheet of 1mm polycarb to cut themself or to have it pre cut and bent?
As I mentioned on msn, people who buys the kits needs to learn how to make som of it on their own.
Surely the robot will look good, but if its out of package and ready to go, they will think of it more like a toy.

You could have an option that they can either choose from "In parts" and assembly it themselves, or "Fully assembled" and higher the price slightly, as you do a job and put it all together for them.
Swedish style!
Fight Robots, Not Humans!
Socrates Christidis

Post by Socrates Christidis »

Hi Josh,

I am definitely interested. My only experience so far has been with Pete C?s Pants kit and I am about to try my luck with some motors and speed controllers I bought recently. So it will be good to have a kit with all the electronics inside but just the template with a 1mm polycarbonate sheet.
As for the debate for or against robot kits I think that if used properly it can be a head start for what is arguably a terrific but very expensive and very time-consuming hobby.

Socrates
Glenn Jones

Post by Glenn Jones »

josh, just a totally different question. What cad program do you use for your drawings? I just can't find any really good ones but yours looks great :P.

Glenn
josh

Post by josh »

hi thanx for the feedback. the kit would come in parts to be crewed together and probably have the templates and sheets of poly to cut yourself i have decided:) though i will offer a service to receive it fully built or to replace all solder joints with plugs as a scorpion mini is very hard to solder for a beginner trust me i found out the hard way :P Need a name now... lol any ideas people im stuck all i have come up with is brilliANT n im sure that must be taken so i may just market it as antweight robot kit...

glenn im using sketchup its not the free one from google theres one made by @last software which is what i use and i think they are pretty much the same except i find this one better.
RPD International
www.RPDintl.com
Glenn Jones

Post by Glenn Jones »

I use normal sketchup.. I'll look for "your" version. Tnx.
teamocean

Post by teamocean »

Hi,

I am also interested in buying one of your kits with a lifter fitted to run at Robots Live along with my featherweights.

How much will you be selling them for??
Will Thomas
Team Shock
www.shockbots.co.uk
josh

Post by josh »

hi will send me a pm but i think it was 120 for a lifter with everything u need except a 40mhz transmitter. that is with barrelo boards although to upgrade to scorpion minis when they come out (hopefully in the next couple of weeks and then maybe 3 weeks to get them in from america) is 15 pounds extra. There are options for no soldering and things for absolute begginners but i assume you can solder as i have seen your feathers :)

thanx
RPD International
www.RPDintl.com
leo-rcc

Post by leo-rcc »

He just duct tapes those. :wink:

Are those kits Katjuscha Proof (As i found out the pants kit isnt :) )?
Best regards,

Leo van Miert.
Dutchrobotgames
Team RCC website