Roaming Robots Event Aylesbury 22nd May

Place discussions about upcoming events here in this thread.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

Raizor

Post by Raizor »

Guys I know I am not attending but just wanted to note something from past experience. When spinners are involved leagues are not the best thing. WHat tends to happen is someone gets damaged and is then needed again in 5miniutes time for their next league match and then there are problems. I would personally suggest Double Elimination. A non spinner league would probably be better.

The experience from this came at aws 10. We had a tournament where all matches were best 2 out of 3 and alot of the time wheels got chopped off and took ages to repair. I know antweights have moved on since then but IMHO better safe than sorry with loads of board impatent people looking at you.
The Irish Guy
Website Hosting:
http://www.dghosting.co.uk
Andrew_Hibberd

Post by Andrew_Hibberd »

Has anything been decided on the way this event is going to be run yet?

The main reason is that anticipation is almost ready but has had a lot and i mean alot of holes made in it to save weight

http://www.freewebs.com/anticide2/anticipation.htm

That is basically it with no electronics in it. I will add a cover for the tank however i am not sure how safe the tank will be for spinner combat-i am perfectly willing to fight spinners but it will be a little overweight, to cover the tank.

I will have a new lighter chassis for AWS17 so i won't be overweight then, any thoughts?
Last edited by Andrew_Hibberd on Tue May 03, 2005 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TEAM GEEK!
Simon Windisch

Post by Simon Windisch »

Your link gives "Page not found" Andrew

Simon
Andrew_Hibberd

Post by Andrew_Hibberd »

The link has been updated thanks simon

i have also added a new page for the new ICant

EDIT: I have been thinking about the event a non spinner league in the morning and the a spinner knockout would be best in my opinion, as i won't be entering antcipation in the spinner combat.
TEAM GEEK!
Rhys

Post by Rhys »

Sorry guys, a bit short notice I know, but I can't make this one. I'm being made to work :(

Hopefully see you all at AWS17.
Simon Windisch

Post by Simon Windisch »

OK then

So the attending roboteers vote unanimously for leagues, as far as I can see. I'll bring along some paperwork, and the Speedway arena. Let's start full combat at 1:30 as previously suggested.

Can someone make up some leaflets to give out to the general public? It might be a good idea...

Also it sounds like we'll all need to bring extention leads and adapters, and probably coats as well. The five day forecast is for heavy rain, oh well. Can anyone add anything to the shopping list?

Good luck everyone. I'm still repairing Electra, although it'll never be the same after being attacked by Anticyclone. You've really achieved a titanium killer there Pete.

Simon
Andrew_Hibberd

Post by Andrew_Hibberd »

I have had ti go through 1mm polycarb too, it is not a very friendly robot. I love it :)
TEAM GEEK!
BeligerAnt

Post by BeligerAnt »

R.O.N.N.Y. and RampAnt are OK (finally cured RONNY's driving problems - twisted chassis!)
AntLifter is marginal as we still have an unresolved gearbox problem on an S62 *&$%?@* thing!!!

I will try to make up some "business cards" with useful URLs on.
Gary, Team BeligerAnt
Andrew_Hibberd

Post by Andrew_Hibberd »

Just checked train times to arrie for 9.30 going to have to leave halls at 5.30 :roll: , is anyone driving from the reading area that i could possibly have a lift from. I will be going anyway :D
TEAM GEEK!
Simon Windisch

Post by Simon Windisch »

Hi Andrew,

If the battles start at 11:00 then I'd say the extra one and a half hours will be for featherweights to get ready.

We'll set off just before 9:00, if you want a lift. Which halls are you at?

Simon