Ant weights - Robots Live

Place discussions about upcoming events here in this thread.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

robotslive

Ant weights - Robots Live

Post by robotslive »

Hi Guys,

I?d like to start off with saying a big thanks to all of you that came to our Leicester show. There was great interest from the public and roboteers in you guys.

It?s a shame you can?t come to Burgess Hill, but that?s the way things go.

But having spoken to Marco tonight, he told me pretty much the list of active ant weight robots at this current time. I was saddened to see how small it was compared to when we used to compete in the ant weights.

This is an ?outsiders? opinion, but my view is that the reason your numbers are dropping is that there seems to be a door out of Ant weights, but no way in. Many people ask on the FRA forum what?s the best way to get into roboteering, and the finger is pointed to the feather weights. This is due to 60% of the users on that forum have only been in the sport for around a year, and they haven?t seen the ant weights alive, this is due to them not being seen at heavy weight shows, or not much life in the ant weight section on the FRA forum.

If Ant weights were to get back in the roboteers domain, this would spark a new life of competitors. And that can only benefit us all.

Robots Live are offering an open door to all of you at all of our shows. Roboteers with young children can look at building an ant to keep the children busy, or the older roboteers wanting to branch out.

We have a number of shows you can come to, but one show might be of interest. In October we take over the Reading Rivermead complex. I see you run a Reading Robot club every now and then, can I propose running one of these events at our Reading show?

Lets get new teams back into Ant Weights, and make the roboteering world bigger. It would be a huge shame to see a weight class that I loved and was heavily involved in, die due to lack of interest.

Dave
www.robotslive.co.uk
razerdave

Post by razerdave »

We don't want to see it die either Dave. Reading is going to be a huge event for ants, very accessable to a lot of ant builders, myself included.

I will be coming to Burgess Hill and bringing the ants even if others can't. tell marco to bring some :)
Marco Roberts

Post by Marco Roberts »

Marco will do, going to build one as my feather is all ready done.
Just to say that I wasnt bad mouthing the ant comunity in any way. I was just comminting that even though it might of seem there wernt many ant competitors at Leicster, there was around 1/3 of ant weight compeitors at the event.
<-=AWS 10 1st and 2nd champ=->
<-=AWS 13 1st and 2nd champ=->
Simon Windisch

Post by Simon Windisch »

Dave, your support of antweights is very much appreciated. We'll do what we can to attend your events, given our limited numbers, and we hope that before long there will be more of us!

Simon