AWS26

Place discussions about upcoming events here in this thread.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

Simon Windisch

Post by Simon Windisch »

Let's not wait for Greanz. It might never happen, IMHO.

So, does anyone want to host AWS26?

Simon
olivers

Post by olivers »

I think Aug maybe bad due to holidays and the huge amount of people at a public event. There is normally only enough room around the arena for antweight roboteers, let alone the general public.

Saying that i'll be on holiday from Mid Jul-end Jul.

We could always have RRC at the start of July, just before AWS26. Then have Craig's venue in Aug. This would mean AWS26 would have to be about the 2nd weekend of July.

Edit: Have checked and I will most likely be away from Jul 17th until the end of Jul.
Last edited by olivers on Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
razerdave

Post by razerdave »

If the AWS is going to be in the second week of July, I will be unable to attend, as I fly out to Las Vegas on the 12th July. If RRC is done the first week I can attend that
BeligerAnt

Post by BeligerAnt »

Dave, you mentioned about the possibility of running an AWS, are you up for this one?
Gary, Team BeligerAnt
razerdave

Post by razerdave »

Providing I can do it in August I'd be well up for it
BeligerAnt

Post by BeligerAnt »

August is a really bad time as so many people are on holiday. If you can't do June/July it's better to wait for AWS27 (October/November).
Gary, Team BeligerAnt
razerdave

Post by razerdave »

I think I ought to wait and do AWS27, June and July are really busy for me, what with the K*bot world champs and numerous FW events
Simon Windisch

Post by Simon Windisch »

That's great Dave. See if you can firm up a date, it might end up being AWS26 anyway!

Simon
petec

Post by petec »

I might be able to sort something out for AWS 26 in June/July again. I'll have to see if there are any dates free at the venue...anyone have any specific preferences?

PeteC
------------
RobotWars101.org
RobotWars101.co.uk
Antweights.com
Antweights.co.uk
AntweightWorldSeries.com
Craig_Anto3

Post by Craig_Anto3 »

Simon Windisch wrote:Just reading through this thread, and it seems that the committee members who expressed an opinion said no to this.

Craig didn't come back to us on this, and he's running a major competition at the end of August as well (perhaps instead???) as this

So are there any other offers to run AWS26? we're thinking of running RRC15 on 12th July, but this could be changed if it doesn't tie up with AWS26?

Anyone else for AWS26?

Simon
I'm still offering to run it on the 9th, the event on the 9th is the prelude to the TV event
I was hoping that at some point i could run the AWS as part of Rebel Robots??? but thats upto you guys i'm going to run ants anyway, i'll post in the rebel robots thing after i post here.