AWS24

Place discussions about upcoming events here in this thread.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

tom of technology

gr8 i might actully be able to come to this one WITH AN ANT

Post by tom of technology »

im sorry but i have not completely understood the previous posts where is the scout hut?
BeligerAnt

Post by BeligerAnt »

The general event page can be found at:
http://robotwars101.org/events/display.php?id=90

This includes the venue address and a link to Multimap.
Also a link to the registration system.
Gary, Team BeligerAnt
Simon Windisch

Post by Simon Windisch »

Now I'm confused. Your link above says that the event is on 7th November 2017. When is the date for this?

Simon
leo-rcc

Post by leo-rcc »

2017, great that gives me time to prepare. :P
Best regards,

Leo van Miert.
Dutchrobotgames
Team RCC website
josh

Post by josh »

lol is the 17 of november this year :D
RPD International
www.RPDintl.com
tom of technology

Post by tom of technology »

tooooo farrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

ojnly have about a 30 mile radius from sussex only 12 (and my mum dosent like antweights:(
josh

Post by josh »

yoyo

im looking at how im going to run thew competition i have come up with a way but im not sure whether people will approve of it...

basically in the first round if you get knocked out you will be moved to group two and continue fight and then the final 4 of each group come together to fight the final parts of the competition. did nyone understand that or should i do a diagram? :P
RPD International
www.RPDintl.com
BeligerAnt

Post by BeligerAnt »

No need for a diagram Josh, it's much simpler than some of the other schemes we've had! :)

It sounds like a simplified double-elimination, and to that end it fulfills its purpose. Everyone is guaranteed at least 2 fights.

The main problem(?) is that it guarantees that half of the last 8 lost a first round fight. I'm not sure if this is desirable? I think the other (much more complicated!) schemes manage to avoid this being a certainty by mixing the losers back in with the winners at an earlier point. I would have to pore over Mr Waller's charts to be certain.

I think that's the only (slight) reservation I have. It also relies on byes for any "difficult" numbers (non powers of two), but that's essentially true of any system that doesn't rely on 3- or 4-way melees at some stage.

I don't mind if we try it - after all so much else relies on the luck of the draw...
Gary, Team BeligerAnt
josh

Post by josh »

when i was looking at merging the two groups in the last 4 of each group, i was thinking that quite often its bad luck that people loose and also if you have to fight through the whole of group 2 they are proven to be capable.
lol i sound like the priminister :)
RPD International
www.RPDintl.com
Remote-Controlled Dave

Post by Remote-Controlled Dave »

Thats the good thing about running the event Josh. You get to boss us all about! lol.
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39