Roaming Robots: Aylesbury - Sunday 13th May 2007

Place discussions about upcoming events here in this thread.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

Simon Windisch

Post by Simon Windisch »

I'll have to get the lowdown from you offline. As you know, I'm just about to enter the FRA fray with a feather.

Simon
Marco Roberts

Post by Marco Roberts »

Back in the day of Debenham 2002, ant wieghts where invited to the competition. Most of the competition was done back in an area of the pits. The semis and final was filmed out in the arena. The ant weight arena was brought out into the main arena and it was filmed and projected onto a screen for the crowd to see. The winner of the ant weights would be anounced with the feather and heavy weight winners.
Ant weights worked very well along side the heavys and feathers and where a great specticle for people to see.
How ever as some of you may know we tried to work with RR and recieved very little respect. Probably more anoying was when we where refered to as Toys and replicas of the "real thing".
However Robots live are interested in running ant weights. The Youngs who are in chage of robots live started with ant weights and moved on from that. So they understand that ant weights are not only a good place for newcomers to start in but also very interesting for the crowd.
They are planning to set up a projector system and invite us to future RL events.

Watch this space
<-=AWS 10 1st and 2nd champ=->
<-=AWS 13 1st and 2nd champ=->
EpicentrE

Post by EpicentrE »

I have to say that this is excellent news. I went to Robots Live Hemel Hempstead a few weekends ago, and the whole thing was exceptionally well organised and ran, far better than any of the Roaming Robots events I've attended. This will get us into the public eye a lot more and in a lot better light than the FRA and RR wanted to do, and will hopefully stir a lot of new interest. Plus more events are always good!

I'm very much looking forward to seeing how this develops.
Scott Fyfe-Jamieson, Captain of Epic Robotics. Champion of AWS38/41/42.
http://www.epicrobotics.co.uk
leo-rcc

Post by leo-rcc »

Hemel Hempstead was my first time with Robots live and I agree that this was very very good.

The next robots live as far as i know will be in februari 2008.
Best regards,

Leo van Miert.
Dutchrobotgames
Team RCC website
Simon Windisch

Post by Simon Windisch »

I'm planning to take our featherweight to Robots Live at Leicester on 2nd & 3rd, and we could bring our antweights along as well... if someone wants to become antweight rep to Robots Live that would probably be a useful move.

Just for the record, I've always found Roaming Robots to be easy and professional to work with, just thought I'd mention it.

Simon
Marco Roberts

Post by Marco Roberts »

I guess I could take some form of rep at the moment with robots live. I crew for them and I have good contact with the family.
I will be crewing at the midlands expo in telford where robots live will run a small demo show.
What would be a good idea is that if ant weights are invited again at the london expo where robots live will be, we should all have a good chat about what can happen. I am sure even if there is no projector system set up we can still run the ant weights.

When this developes to full ant comps at robots live I will asign the rep position to Scott as he seems keen to promote and organise a competition.
<-=AWS 10 1st and 2nd champ=->
<-=AWS 13 1st and 2nd champ=->
robotslive

Post by robotslive »

Cheers for posting that Marco.

We have a few months until our Leicester show (Feb '08 ), so we will see if we can sort anything out for that show.

I have been in your shoes (such as Debenham), so you guys will get treated with respect (as do all roboteers). We need to get as many people into the roboteering world as possible and ants are a great way for them to start.

Cheers
Dave
www.robotslive.co.uk
Simon Windisch

Post by Simon Windisch »

Cheers Dave,

I couldn't have put it better myself.

I suppose I'd better start another thread...

Simon