AWS 23 - HULL: Saturday July 14th

Place discussions about upcoming events here in this thread.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

malivoirec

Post by malivoirec »

Is it possible for an ant to be entered and registered in for non spinner combat only at AWSs like RRC, as my brother is building his first ant this time and he is worried that all his pride and joy (and pocket money) might be smashed to bits. (:cry: Awww) He's only 11.
Fortune cookie says: Pain is meerly a feeling;
unless its PERMANANT FOREVER.

Fortune cookie no.2 says: Take heed of
Last cookie
Simon Windisch

Post by Simon Windisch »

Yes, that'll be fine. In fact at the Reading Robot Club three out of four events are non-spinner competitions, so he'll be able to get very involved without entering a spinner competition.

Simon
BeligerAnt

Post by BeligerAnt »

I think Simon mis-understood the question :oops:
The question was about the AWS, using RRC as a reference!

The answer I guess is down to Dave & Marco if they really want to tell someone that they can't enter just the non-spinner events.

Although the AWS registration tool doesn't handle it, I can't see any practical problem.
Just ask Dave (Dave26) and/or Marco whether they prefer you to register and not take part in the main AWS, or not register and just turn up to take part in the non-spinner events.

Alternatively, enter the AWS and just forfeit any fight you don't feel up to. Maybe it's not quite in the spirit of the competition, but I can understand the misgivings about pitting all your hard-earned pocket money against Katjuscha!
Come the event you may wish to try your luck against some of the spinners, and you can always shout "Cease!" if the going gets too tough.
Gary, Team BeligerAnt
Simon Windisch

Post by Simon Windisch »

Ah, sorry. It's not a good evening for me. I've just blown up the SD200 I was using as a speed controller.

Simon
Remote-Controlled Dave

Post by Remote-Controlled Dave »

Yeah, sign it up as usual and let us know which one is the 'non-spinner' one and we'll sort that out for you. There should be plenty of opportunity to fight it, seems like it'll be a small AWS with the amount of people not coming (you lot picked the date, not me!). I'd sign it up for the AWS and then forfeit if you are drawn against a spinner. There wont be many there anyway at this rate.
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39
malivoirec

Post by malivoirec »

Its just that one ant that wont be against a spinner. If I can pursuade him that it will be okay if I fit it with aluminium if it has enough weight than he might allow me to enter it, Perminant will enter the tornament and maybe even if I have the time and money a new ant thats top secret. Lets just say that it involves experimenting with high pressure aircraft pneumatics ( :lol: )

Last cookie
Marco Roberts

Post by Marco Roberts »

Fraid you wont be the first to use pneumatics. Back at aws 4, pete waller had a pneumatic ant. As for high pressure plane pneumatics, anticide and vx. One a flipper, the other a crusher. Interesting to see what you make though.
<-=AWS 10 1st and 2nd champ=->
<-=AWS 13 1st and 2nd champ=->
malivoirec

Post by malivoirec »

DAMN!!!!! :x :x :x :x I just realised that the online shop that I was going to buy the pnewmatic system from only ship to the US. I also tried ripmax and they do not sell them directly through the website (how pointless is that) any wat do you know if there is a model shop with a website that sells robart products besides technobots? And is there anyone that can suggest an air tank that is under 3" in length?

Last cookie
Andrew_Hibberd

Post by Andrew_Hibberd »

I have just bought some gold spot tanks from ebay. The ends need taking off and a new pipe attached. VX uses them with great effect.
TEAM GEEK!
petec

Post by petec »

Hmm, there still only seems to be me and Dave registered at the moment - I know people leave it until the last minute, but not normally quite to this extent.
------------
RobotWars101.org
RobotWars101.co.uk
Antweights.com
Antweights.co.uk
AntweightWorldSeries.com