Dutch Robot Games The Netherlands June 22-24th.

Place discussions about upcoming events here in this thread.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

maddox

Dutch Robot Games The Netherlands June 22-24th.

Post by maddox »

Just to announce, because it seems nobody else thinks about it.

http://www.dutchrobotgames.nl/forum/viewtopic.php?t=947

In short translated. BIG event, spinners allowed , in The Netherlands June 22-24th.

Extra's available.
Disadvantage, entrance fee.
Simon Windisch

Post by Simon Windisch »

I hope you don't mind Maddox, I changed the topic title to make it more obvious what it was about.

Simon
maddox

Post by maddox »

No problem
leo-rcc

Post by leo-rcc »

Just to clarify it is not a antweight event as such, however whoever attends with an ant has a chance to run in a seperate competition. The distance between audience and arena is such that running the ants in the big arena is not an option.

But for feathers, raptors and heavies this is a great event to go to.
Best regards,

Leo van Miert.
Dutchrobotgames
Team RCC website
Marco Roberts

Post by Marco Roberts »

just to let people know that I am aiming to get to this event. I have found cheap flights and me and liz can make a lil holiday out of it.
<-=AWS 10 1st and 2nd champ=->
<-=AWS 13 1st and 2nd champ=->
leo-rcc

Post by leo-rcc »

Last evening the decision was made to cancel the DRG open championships in Thialf stadium. This decision was not easy, but it was the only real option left for us.

This event was supposed to be together with a LAN Party, and they have not had enough paying reservations to be sure that their side of the event will continue. Rather than wait for them to decide to cancel a couple of days in advance, we as DRG decided to cancel one month in advance.

If we cant say 100% yes a month in advance, it has to be a no. Otherwise we will make it to inconvenient for our members and roboteers as a whole. Now roboteers still have a month to plan other things and to cancel any reservations they might have made.

We are truelly sorry about this, but for now we have no other option but to cancel. An effort will be made for another event on a different date.

[personal note]
I am really gutted about this, it is the one big event we where banking on to make a good impression to the european roboteering community and having it fall through because we simply dont know if the location will be available for us is sickening. And getting permits to relocate just take to make the event go on the specified date.
[/personal note]
Best regards,

Leo van Miert.
Dutchrobotgames
Team RCC website
Simon Windisch

Post by Simon Windisch »

I know how you feel Leo, but I think you made the right decision.

Simon