Milestones Model Engineering Show Basingstoke 21-22 Apr 2007

Place discussions about upcoming events here in this thread.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

Simon Windisch

Milestones Model Engineering Show Basingstoke 21-22 Apr 2007

Post by Simon Windisch »

Hi there,

Milestones Museum in Basingstoke are having a model engineering show on Saturday 21 and Sunday 22 April 2007, 10am - 5pm. To quote http://www.milestones-museum.com/events.html
A unique opportunity to enjoy all the usual trappings of a good model engineering exhibition in an unusual setting. There will be plenty for enthusiasts and non-modellers alike, with a range of small-scale and life-size models, a live steam miniature railway, steam and radio controlled vehicles and a model boating lake.
I have contacted them about us possibly having a presence there. Would anybody be interestd in coming along as an exhibitor?

Simon
EpicentrE

Post by EpicentrE »

I would most definately be interested if I can get there, and I should have my driving license by then, so I most likely will be able too! Will be itnerested in hearing more details when you have them.
Scott Fyfe-Jamieson, Captain of Epic Robotics. Champion of AWS38/41/42.
http://www.epicrobotics.co.uk
Simon Windisch

Post by Simon Windisch »

Hi there,

Here's the reply I got
An exhibition of small robots sounds very interesting. I am sure it is something that we would be pleased to have at the show but I would be grateful if you could elaborate on what the robots do and how much space you would require to exhibit them.
As the Curator I am leading the exhibition team who I am sure would be keen to know about your proposed entry.
Once I have heard from you I will discuss it with the team and forward an entry form.

Thank you again for contacting us.
So are there any more takers? Two teams is probably not enough, but if I get more interest from you guys then I'll go ahead with them.
bobblebot

Post by bobblebot »

Basingstoke is quite close to us, so assuming I am not rebuilding the robot then, I am quite interested in coming. I am determined to make it to events this year (finally :))

You can put me down as a maybe. If other schedules (exams etc) allow, I will be there.
olivers

Post by olivers »

Basingstoke is just down the road for me. As long as I can get a parking space i'm up for both days.
Simon Windisch

Post by Simon Windisch »

I should have mentioned that parking is great for this location, there are about 100 spaces right outside the front door, and loads more at the other buildings nearby.
Milestones is located in a purpose built leisure park, and there's a cheapish hotel about 5 mins walk away, plus bowling, cinema etc.

I'll get the ball rolling then.

Simon
Simon Windisch

Post by Simon Windisch »

Update:
I have looked at some of the robots on your website and it would appear that they are in fact engineered from all sorts of materials and all
individually made.
So it does fit under the model engineering umbrella, albeit of a contemporary nature, and I would be pleased to see you at the show.
I would appreciate seeing your DVD because I can show it to other members of staff to get an idea of the display.
Simon Windisch

Post by Simon Windisch »

Hi again,

So it's form filling time. Please check out

http://imonsimon.com/misc/milestonesform01.jpg
and
http://imonsimon.com/misc/milestonesform02.jpg

Any comments? And Oliver, will you definitely be coming? I'm only planning on being there on Saturday.

Simon
olivers

Post by olivers »

Really we would need at least 2 people on the table. If only just for security and looking after parts when we go to get food/toilet.

Is anyone else planning on going on the Sat/Sun?
Simon Windisch

Post by Simon Windisch »

If they are, then they haven't told me.

I think we can manage 3 on the Saturday: Me, you and Scott (plus Nathan).

Simon