AWS22

Place discussions about upcoming events here in this thread.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

peterwaller

AWS22

Post by peterwaller »

AWS22
Time Hall open from 9.00 for 10.00 start
Date 10th March 2007
Venu The Scout Hall, Oakfield Rd, Aylesbury, Bucks, HP20 1LJ

As we are are making an effort to attend the Brighton model show on the weekend of the 17th Feb this rather limits when we can hold AWS22. If we rule out the weekends before and after we are left with Sat 3rd or slipping into March also the 3rd. As the model show is likely to be non destructive combat it may be better to have it before the AWS. I have yet to check the availability of the hall I propose to use but are there any fundimantal objections to the March date. Any comments on when people can or cannot attend would be useful now before things get arranged.
Last edited by peterwaller on Fri Dec 01, 2006 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
BeligerAnt

Post by BeligerAnt »

I would favour holding the AWS after Modelworld, so at least we have some working robots to show! :o

Delaying until March 3rd (or even the 10th) shouldn't be too much of a problem. Easter is not until April next year, so no problems with clashing with hols. Having a 2-week gap after Modelworld will also give time to repair any minor problems (broken servos etc).

Personally, dates in order of preference would be 3rd March, 10th March, 22nd February. Wouldn't really like 3rd/10th February.
Gary, Team BeligerAnt
razerdave

Post by razerdave »

Any dates are fine by me, although having them after brighton would probably be better.

BTW, I have a favour to ask of Pete Waller:

Since we are re-introducing Super-ants for brighton for pay-to-drive, I was hoping that we could have 1 more Super ant competition at AWS 22 before they are taken out altogether. another reason is that Stewie never got a proper fight last time, so I would like to try it once more
Simon Windisch

Post by Simon Windisch »

I'd prefer March 10th

Simon
Cavecrusher

Post by Cavecrusher »

any final date?, i wanna start booking asap. been away to long :P
olivers

Post by olivers »

Any of the dates are good for me, ideally as someone said, 2 weeks after Model World would be good.

On a seperate note, I'm not sure if pay per drive with ants would be a good idea. Seems like we would be making a profit as the Roaming Robots lot do. One thing I didn't manage to do for London Expo was to build some test drive ants properly. The one I did build broke.
BeligerAnt

Post by BeligerAnt »

razerdave wrote:...Since we are re-introducing Super-ants for brighton for pay-to-drive...
I don't know where this idea came from.

I had no intention of running super-ants at Brighton (there's no point showing them to people if we don't run any competitions for them). There's a big difference between a super-ant and a standard ant with an oversize battery.

I wasn't planning on pay-to-drive either. Due to frequency constraints, we may not be able to operate continuously. Also the terms of our free stand mean we can't sell anything.

This discussion should be in the Modelworld thread.
Gary, Team BeligerAnt
razerdave

Post by razerdave »

Simon Windisch wrote:

Might I suggest that we reintroduce Super-heavies at Brighton Model World, simply to give us access the the kind of batteries we will need to drive all day.

Razerdave wrote:

Super Heavies ? Don't you mean Super-ants ?
Thats where I got the idea from
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

AWS22
Time Hall open from 9.00 for 10.00 start
Date 10th March 2007
Venu The Scout Hall, Oakfield Rd, Aylesbury, Bucks, HP20 1LJ

More Details to follow later.
leo-rcc

Post by leo-rcc »

Count me in.
Best regards,