Brighton Model World 2007 - 16th-18th February

Place discussions about upcoming events here in this thread.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

olivers

Post by olivers »

I wondered who the guy was with the spreadsheet.

If I could get a decent ant that stood a chance I would go to America with a 150g robot. San Francisco is very nice.

I'm sure PeteW would go too as long as Mrs Waller was ok with it.

Tonight I will hopefully get the photos off my camera, post the 4.o rules and get details about the basics of a new style ant (for the Ant shop).

Hopefully I should be able to do a quick tutorial on the Futaba S148 speed controller mod. For anyone that wasn't at Brighton it involves turning a Futaba servo (4 for ?10 on eaby) into an antweight speed controller.
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

I was going to go this year but I never quite got round to saving up the ?1000 for flights and hotel. What with buying the 2.4Ghz gear to be legal over there and a new colour printer and a few other bits and pieces I am no further ahead so I have cancelled my entry. Maybe next year. If you are interested in what is going on over the USA then try :
http://login.prospero.com/dir-login/ind ... hts&lgnDST
Be warned they call 150gm bots Fairies.
BeligerAnt

Post by BeligerAnt »

Thanks to everyone who gave up their time to help out - the two Petes, Oliver, (Razer)Dave, Simon and Nathan (and PeteC's mate Steve).

Most of the 200 business cards I printed went, and we gave away lots of copies of the Pants plans. It will be interesing to see how many hits the website gets and how many real users we get on the forum...

Even though I was totally knackered at work today, it was well worth it. I will sign up for next year, assuming at least some people are willing to help out again.

James benefitted from 3 days driving practice with the new Antlifter, and I managed to get a new Rx for RONNY at a decent price! :)
Gary, Team BeligerAnt
razerdave

Post by razerdave »

Thanks for all you did for the event and for sorting out Baby Hell's servos, I'm guessing you're a lot more used to glue than me :)

I got some pics that are going on my website very shortly so click the link in my signature to visit it

Thanks again Gary (and James)
bobblebot

Post by bobblebot »

I can't believe I missed this :O

Not only did I not realise that it was this weekend, I could not have come even if I had as over the past two days I have been blessed with a lost voice and incredibly sore throat. I can still barely speak now :(

On the plus side, Antisocial is done apart from putting some wheels on...
Simon Windisch

Post by Simon Windisch »

We'll be there next year.

Simon
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

I would be happy to do it again next year.
petec

Post by petec »

Site hits have gone up by about 1000 per day since Sunday....I've not gone through the logs to see which parts of the site, but clearly there is more activity.

Update: its mostly the phpBB pages.....
------------
RobotWars101.org
RobotWars101.co.uk
Antweights.com
Antweights.co.uk
AntweightWorldSeries.com
josh

Post by josh »

hi gary i will be coming was there something about the modelworld pay travel or accomadation or something? do i neede to fill anything in?
RPD International
www.RPDintl.com