AWS21

Place discussions about upcoming events here in this thread.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

slurp

Feck!

Post by slurp »

Something has come up, I'm not going to make it down with either minisumo or dohyos. :(

If there's someone in the Yorkshire region that's heading that way I'm happy to meet up and pass on a Dohyo for the event...

sorry about the late notice.

best regards,
colin
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

Thats a shame but don't worry about the Dohyo I can bring mine.
slurp

Post by slurp »

peterwaller wrote:don't worry about the Dohyo I can bring mine.
Phew!
Remote-Controlled Dave

Post by Remote-Controlled Dave »

Right, I need the people coming by train to organise between themselves, if it would be possible to arrive at similar-ish times. if it is, I will go ahead and organise a taxi so you dont have to get the bus. I can get a 4-seater or a 6, so a headcount of people coming on trains would also be appreciated.
As far as I know, Scott, its just me and Razerdave coming up on trains. Mine gets in at 10:21am (if there was an earlier one, I would get it, but there isn't, and already I'm getting up at half 4. lol). I've asked him to see if he can make it a bit closer to my time.
I'll probably end up getting a taxi anyway I reakon, so much easier. Are there sufficient ones around the station, in case your planned one doesn't emerge?
Cheers.
"Toodles". :wink:
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39
Flippt

Post by Flippt »

I'm having problems with my ants atm, and dont know if I'm getting them ready for AWS21, we'll see in a few days.
Swedish style!
Fight Robots, Not Humans!
EpicentrE

Post by EpicentrE »

Update

Planned taxi service is not going to happen I'm afraid, Would cost around ?20, which I would happily shell out if more people were coming by train, but considering the only 2 people coming by train are coming at vastly different times, it seems a bit of a waste, and also considering one would have to wait around for the other.

Main post is updated with directions (there not great, but I did my best considering I'm awful at directions, let me know if theres anything your unsure of).

Warm up event cancelled due to main event being gigantic (full double elim, as it states in the main post. Will mean a lot of fights but in me and Hib's opinion, its the fairest system).

Rough timetable added to main post, its hard to say how things will go.

I need some extension leads, if possible. only 1 or 2. I have enough gangs, i just need a few extensions for the benches slightly further away from the plug sockets.

Could I ask if anyone is bringing scales and a cube?

And just to confirm that Oliver, you are still bringing your arena?

Also, bring your own lunches if you want some - we will have crisps, biscuits and drinks, but nothing fancy. Theres a corner shop not too far away if you need anything.
Scott Fyfe-Jamieson, Captain of Epic Robotics. Champion of AWS38/41/42.
http://www.epicrobotics.co.uk
olivers

Post by olivers »

I am bringing my arena.

I think Pete Waller should bring the dustpan and brush :)
Simon Windisch

Post by Simon Windisch »

I'll bring scales and a cube, and some extension leads.

Simon
tom of technology

Dam!

Post by tom of technology »

to far for me and ive sorted out my minisumo for it and built a smashing ant
tom
Flippt

Post by Flippt »

In half an hour my train takes off to the Airport, will be in England about 18:30.
Will be staying at Joshs place over friday night, and on saturday, I'll be at AWS21!
Swedish style!
Fight Robots, Not Humans!