AWS21

Place discussions about upcoming events here in this thread.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

Simon Windisch

Post by Simon Windisch »

Thanks Scott, great organisation, great event. You made it look easy, but I'm sure it wasn't.

Simon
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

Yes great event and congratulations to Simon.
I have always prefered double elimination and think we should adopt it for all events.
razerdave

Post by razerdave »

Yeah, ditto. Its great that there were so many fights because otherwise its over in a flash. Great Event Scott.[/quote]
Andrew_Hibberd

Post by Andrew_Hibberd »

Thanks Scott, the day ran really well,

The double elimination worked really well with the 32 entries, there was even enough time for a wearm up event. Congratulations to simon. pete c i will send the ?3 for the dvd as soon as i get time.
TEAM GEEK!
EpicentrE

Post by EpicentrE »

Thanks for the kind words all :) The double elimination worked much better and faster than I had expected, wish we'd kept the warm-up event now! But at least there was plenty of time for fun at the end.

I agree with Pete Waller that we should adopt double elim for all events, the thing is though we were very lucky in having 32 entries (Big thanks to Pete C for offering to take Squashy out to reduce the numbers, luckily in the end you didn't have too though :)), with less we could have given out random byes, which while fair technically, still would make some people feel cheated on, and any more and we would've had to run some 3-ways at the beggining, which I personally dislike heavily.

Anyway, congratulations to all who got awards! My life is calming down a bit now so I might even have something to fight with next time :P but we'll see.

Thanks to all for coming! :D

P.S. I seem to be taking all the praise, but it wouldn't have been possible without Hib sorting out all the score sheets, marking them up, and sorting other stuff out, so a big thanks to him too! Also thanks to everyone else who helped with stuff during the day (you know who you are ;))
Scott Fyfe-Jamieson, Captain of Epic Robotics. Champion of AWS38/41/42.
http://www.epicrobotics.co.uk
leo-rcc

Post by leo-rcc »

Well im back under the living as well as due to a mixup my hotel for the saturdaynight turned out to be overbooked i decided on a night ferry back to the mainland.

Thanks to everyone who made this event possible, and i will be there again if work allows it.

Big congrats to Simon. I really enjoyed our fights.

Anyone got some pictures or video's online?
Best regards,

Leo van Miert.
Dutchrobotgames
Team RCC website
EpicentrE

Post by EpicentrE »

Pictures are up!

Sorry for any bots I didn't get pictures of, the sign-up process was hurried and I'm sure I forgot some :P Also some of them are a bit out of focus, again, I was rushing, so meh. Big thanks to Hib for doing most of these, actually!

Enjoy!
Scott Fyfe-Jamieson, Captain of Epic Robotics. Champion of AWS38/41/42.
http://www.epicrobotics.co.uk
Remote-Controlled Dave

Post by Remote-Controlled Dave »

Best event for ages, loved it, made the journey well worth while. Fantastic bunch of people you guys!
Big thanks to Hib and Scott. :D
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39
Rhys

Post by Rhys »

Yeah, what Dave said. Great event and I had lots of fun. Huge thanks to Scott and Andrew for organising it. Can't wait for the next one!
BeligerAnt

Post by BeligerAnt »

Just got back... (had a couple of days in Warwickshire)

Thanks to Scott and Andy - it all seemed so much calmer than the last one! But then having the keys on time helps :evil:

I like the double-elimination, but it really does only work properly for 16, 32 (or 64!) entries. It might be possible to do 24 or 48, but that would probably involve 3-way first rounds (or finals!).

I got my first-ever certificate! 8) (Origami 2nd in minisumo)

Congrats to Josh (Best Engineered) and James (Best Driver) - look out guys, before long these youngsters are gonna whip ya! :o

Thanks again Scott and Andy
Gary, Team BeligerAnt