London Expo 28th + 29th October

Place discussions about upcoming events here in this thread.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

Marco Roberts

Post by Marco Roberts »

Eek well sorry I have not been active, I thought everything was sorted and I would do a last check. Sorry Kane liz only told me just now that you have been trying to contact me via her.
I thought thigns were sorted cause I told Kane the attendance list.
Again very sorry and im going to call kane right now.
Cya there and if any one is going via london underground give me a call on
Look forward to seeing u all there.
<-=AWS 10 1st and 2nd champ=->
<-=AWS 13 1st and 2nd champ=->
Simon Windisch

Post by Simon Windisch »

Hi Oliver and Andrew,

I've been looking at getting to ExCel as early as possible on Sunday morning. There appear to be three possibilities

1. National Rail from Earley: leave Earley at 07:59, arrive at Custom House at 10:14

2. National rail to Waterloo: Leave Earley at 07:59, to Waterloo at 9:22, then take tube at Waterloo at 09:36and DLR to Custom House for 10:02

3. Drive to Richmond, take the 07:09 train, change at Waterloo and West Ham, and arrive at Custom House at 08:44.

Option 3 is the earliest, but we'll have to leave at 6 in the morning... Or we could use option 1, with only one change, and get there for 10:14.

What do you think? - Simon
olivers

Post by olivers »

Can you get to Reading town centre? That way we can get a direct train to Paddington.

The 8:05 train will easily get us to Custom House for 10.

Did you get my email about the arena?
Simon Windisch

Post by Simon Windisch »

Hi Oliver,

I could get to Reaing, but I'd either have to pay parking, or bus fare, or park and ride, or start walking at some horrible hour. How would you get from Waterloo to Custom House? 0805 from Reading gets to Waterloo at 0933, then there's a long walk to the underground, if you could make it in three minues, then you'd get to Custom House for 1002, or if you missed that one, then you'd get there for 1023. Or have I got it wrong.

And I've just replied to your email, sorry for the delay.

Simon
olivers

Post by olivers »

The bus is probably your best bet, I know it is exact change only, it is about ?1.60 or so.

From Reading mainline would go to Paddington, a direct train is 35 mins. Then round the circle line too Baker St, Baker St on Jubilee to Canning town. DLR to Excel.

The other way is circle from Paddington to Bank, DLR to Canning town then switch for Excel.

Last time they did a bus from Canning Town but they appear not to be doing the same this time.
olivers

Post by olivers »

Andy, I spoke with Simon and if you want to get the train together Sunday do you want to meet at Reading station. The train leaves at 08:05
Andrew_Hibberd

Post by Andrew_Hibberd »

I can be at the station in time to get the 8.05, however i have been lying in bed ill today so not sure if i will be well enough. Will post tomorrow afternoon confirming if i am comming.
TEAM GEEK!
Simon Windisch

Post by Simon Windisch »

Andrew, I'll be driving to the station, so text me if you do or don't want a lift on Sunday by about 7:30.

Simon
Andrew_Hibberd

Post by Andrew_Hibberd »

Hi Simon,

feeling better today, so will be going. A lift would be great as would save cycling with antweights. Have you got your tickets already or are you getting them in the morning? If you have already got them what type of ticket have you got and i will go and get one later.

Andy

Also i will solder on a socket so that anticide can be run on a 9V battery for people to drive.

Don't forget clocks go back tonight :)
TEAM GEEK!
Simon Windisch

Post by Simon Windisch »

Hi Andrew,

OK, I'll see you at your place tomorrow at 7:30.

I'll get my ticket tomorrow, but the route will be Reading - Paddington - Custom House if you need the info to get the ticket today.

Simon