London Expo 28th + 29th October

Place discussions about upcoming events here in this thread.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

razerdave

Post by razerdave »

RE: that link

They all look weird to me, and the robot, chronotrigger I think
Simon Windisch

Post by Simon Windisch »

We had a great time today, and hopefully got some new people interested.

We took the wrong plastic bag of goodies home with us. Does anyone want to swap?

Simon
olivers

Post by olivers »

Chronotrigger, yep.

Goodies, what have you got and what are you after? If it is the bag they gave you when you went in let me know what you are after and I'll see what I can do.

http://www.antweight.co.uk/temp/expo2/

Todays pics, I know, too many cosplay pics. Not enough robot pics. Almost lost my voice, very croaky.

As for my robots:
Hyper Puppy: one of the servos keeps going weird, poss logic board/loose wire
Unnamed ant: very glitchy, need to check
Odyssey: Sun when arrived LiPo had short circuited. Then stripped some gears on one of the SD200's.
By 12:00 I had no ants to play with.

Last point, I know people will want some pictures. Mainly Marco with Simon+Nick and with Tom Savini (will swap for the pic you took of me). Simon will probably want the pictures of Nathan (who came 3rd in the junior cosplay competition). Drop me a mail at oliver.steeples@virgin.net and I will mail them to you.
Nathan Windisch

Post by Nathan Windisch »

[deleted]
Last edited by Nathan Windisch on Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Marco Roberts

Post by Marco Roberts »

Hey guys just got back to my temp home (mums house). Thanks to all who came and let random strangers have a go with there ants.
I need to build a more user friendly ant since Chrono Trigger is prity hard to drive. Especially to people with no RC experience.
Thanks to Oliver for the good pics and I will send you the pictures you want. I cant upload them at the moment because i dont have the cable with me, its back home in Bradford.
And a big congratulations to Nathan for winning 3rd place in the cosplay competition!

Remember guys to who came and those who wanted to come, its going to happen again soon. Next one is in May if i remember. We could have a larger tunout.
Thanks again to all.

Marco
<-=AWS 10 1st and 2nd champ=->
<-=AWS 13 1st and 2nd champ=->
Andrew_Hibberd

Post by Andrew_Hibberd »

Thanks Marco i had a great time.

Congratulations to Nathan for coming 3rd.

Hopefully we will get some new roboteers from it. Simon let me know what time is good for you to collect the arena.
TEAM GEEK!