AWS20

Place discussions about upcoming events here in this thread.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

Remote-Controlled Dave

Post by Remote-Controlled Dave »

I quite liked the last configuration Gary. With the corners as drop off's. Battles seemed to go on a bit longer that way. But it's nothing to do with me of course :P
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39
BeligerAnt

Post by BeligerAnt »

IIRC Oliver's arena is like that, so we will have two slightly different arrangements to battle through.
Gary, Team BeligerAnt
Remote-Controlled Dave

Post by Remote-Controlled Dave »

There are some gaping holes in the bot line-up...is everyone being so last minute?
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39
olivers

Post by olivers »

Just signed my robots up, same 3 as usual with Gross Incompetence. Some will be upgraded, mainly GI. I haven't done as much as I wanted too due to decorating, sorting the garden out and that World Cup thing.

I will bring my arena too.
Marco Roberts

Post by Marco Roberts »

I will be getting a train there.
If any one wants to travel with me and liz then your welcome to come get lost together.

We can all chip in for a tavi or get the bus. I got the bus last time at aws 13. Didnt find it too hard.
<-=AWS 10 1st and 2nd champ=->
<-=AWS 13 1st and 2nd champ=->
EpicentrE

Post by EpicentrE »

I've entered now, only Void I'm afraid due to Robot Combat having problems with my order *grumble*

Looking forward to it!
Scott Fyfe-Jamieson, Captain of Epic Robotics. Champion of AWS38/41/42.
http://www.epicrobotics.co.uk
Flippt

Post by Flippt »

Only a week left now!!!
Swedish style!
Fight Robots, Not Humans!
Rhys

Post by Rhys »

Yeah, i'm getting strangely excited even though i'm not going to be there. Put me down for a DVD. And josh, don't forget to practise!!! :P
BeligerAnt

Post by BeligerAnt »

Yikes! 42 entries, and I haven't even signed up yet! (That will make 44, RONNY is still in pieces)

With about 8 minisumo bots, plus supers and fleas there will be a *lot* to get through. We will run 2 arenas like at AWS17. Please take note of when you are "on" and try to be ready on time!

With the number attending we might also be short of pit space. Please try not to spread out too much if you arrive early.

Talking of arriving early, please try to arrive around 10:00 - 10:30 if possible. We should have the hall set up by then. If you are travelling at the mercy of public transport, please let me know when you are likely to arrive (if 10:30 is impossible) and we will try to organise things around you so you don't miss too much.

Everything has to be finished by 5:00 as we need to be out of the hall before 6:00. Anything I've forgotten will be posted later!

If you haven't signed up yet, please do so now!
Gary, Team BeligerAnt
olivers

Post by olivers »

The Germany (Ecuador) vs Sweden (England) game is on the 24th at 16:00

I just hope England at least get a draw otherwise it will clash with the end of the AWS. If Sweden and Germany both win it will be an England vs Germany 2nd round.