Post-AWS19 Meal

Place discussions about upcoming events here in this thread.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

Yes sorry about that it did sound a bit smug. It was actually more relief, I was no where near as confident about beating DBA as I sounded. It is strange we all strive to build the perfect robot that can defend against all kinds of attack and destroy or at least beat all the opposition and yet once someone has one it will probably ruin the competition. It is a tribute to Antweights that no Robot or even Roboteer has ever one consecutive events. It is a mark of how good DBA is that I had to design a Robot specifically to counter it.
Remote-Controlled Dave

Post by Remote-Controlled Dave »

No more sitting in substitute position for Defiant then!
I agree though, you can build a machine to counter DBA fairly easily, but that exposes weaknesses to other machines. If you build a bot to specifically defeat another, you have to be drawn against them to be effective. Its a tribute to the wide variety of ants we have out there, no 2 tournaments are ever the same.
Lets see whos gonna be the first to defend the title.
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39
Cavecrusher

Post by Cavecrusher »

if only i'd given the disk more RPM (was about 1/4 of full) i probably would have won the fight against Defiant, but i was a bit worried about the getting-under-effect of Defiant which on full rpm would have resulted in me giving myself a little flying lesson after tipping over backwards. ah well, better luck next time