Reading Robot Club 8: Saturday 28th January 2006

Place discussions about upcoming events here in this thread.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

My favourite additional RRC competition would be:

Speedway (circular course)
43%
Obstacle course
14%
Football
36%
5m dash
7%

Total votes: 14

Simon Windisch

Reading Robot Club 8: Saturday 28th January 2006

Post by Simon Windisch »

Hi all,

The Eighth Reading Robot Club will be held at the University of Reading Employee's social club (as usual) on Saturday 28th January 2006 from 12 - 4pm (provisional at the moment, I'll you know when it's confirmed).

http://windisch.co.uk/electra/competiti ... /index.htm

Events will include Non-Spinner Combat, Speedway and Spinner Combat.

I'd like to know which competitions to run. I think that Non Spinner and Spinner combat (and super antweight) are a given, but what other event is your favourite? Please comment as well as making your vote.

Thanks - Simon

P.S. If you could me early notice that you intend to come, I'd be most grateful.
EpicentrE

Post by EpicentrE »

I'll be there, as always Simon :D Speedway is definatly my preferred event, with football next and obstacle course after that.

P.S. How many of the RRC7 vids did you send? I recieved 2, just wanted to make sure you hadn't sent any that havn't got to me for some reason.
Scott Fyfe-Jamieson, Captain of Epic Robotics. Champion of AWS38/41/42.
http://www.epicrobotics.co.uk
Rhys

Post by Rhys »

Count me in too. I'd have to say football as it's a lot of fun, and quite fair for robots of all types. With things like speedway, and the 5m dash, the robots with standard servos would be at a disadvantage (not to say that they couldn't win though). And I wouldn't want the assault course, as the control of my ants leaves a lot to be desired :o
josh

Post by josh »

i should be comin i dont see y not and definatly speedway so i can use my new ant which im gettin speedhacked hpx servos :D
Andrew_Hibberd

Post by Andrew_Hibberd »

I am not going to be as definate as i was about the last one, however i will say yes atm. I like speedway too, i am not going to vote as if i am not there my vote shouldn't count
TEAM GEEK!
Remote-Controlled Dave

Post by Remote-Controlled Dave »

As with any competition, if I can make it, I'll be there too. Can't see any problems at this moment in time.
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39
Rhys

Post by Rhys »

josh wrote:i should be comin i dont see y not and definatly speedway so i can use my new ant which im gettin speedhacked hpx servos :D
Don't do it! They are far and away the most difficult to control servos I have ever used. Having said that, they are reliable and very easy to speedhack. Still, speedway should be easy.
BeligerAnt

Post by BeligerAnt »

That date should be OK for us. Sorry we couldn't make the last one.

Will let James do the voting as he's the driver...
Gary, Team BeligerAnt
paul

Post by paul »

i vote football, its fun and you can ocasianly touch the ball between trashing the openents :D

ill try and make my ants up v.soon so they will be ready. im not promising anything spectacular since mine never are but hey. im planing lots of stuff but if it will work is another question...

ill try make it this time i hope it doesnt conflict with a church event. basisly all the competitions ive gone to ('sept one) conflicted with one or another... ah well.

yer i hope i can come anyway.
Remote-Controlled Dave

Post by Remote-Controlled Dave »

Simon, is RRC8 still going ahead on the 28th January? We were chatting about the events being a bit close at AWS17, but I reakon there's enough time, 10 days between em.
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39