AWS 18

Place discussions about upcoming events here in this thread.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

Craig_Anto3

Post by Craig_Anto3 »

the rules havent changed Dave and Simon is not the committee he mearly voiced his opinion.
Are you now saying you are getting someone else to drive one or two of ur robots? if so would it not be a good idea to tell me?
No one else has a problem with the rule on numbers I could name 3 or 4 people other than u who have or had more than 4 robots and still only entered the right amount without playing silly dear.
You've also said u want to host the next AWS so maybe you should start acting responsable and quit agrueing about the rules, if u cant enforce the rules as a builder how are you going to do it as an orgainser
Remote-Controlled Dave

Post by Remote-Controlled Dave »

Craig thats unfair. I'm not a member of the commitee so cannot debate in these issues personally, I have to seek permission from you lot first, which I did. Read the post, its not just Simon, everyone said it was ok for me. And for gods sake, I'm only one robot over limit. Just drop it, I didnt mean to cause any trouble, and have enough going on at the moment as it is. I just wont run Gums in the main competition then, happy? But am still bringing it in case theres a melee or something after I can put it into. There, all sorted. And theres no need to take such a harsh tone, I'm only in this for the fun.
As for acting responsibly, I did, I posted on the forum and confirmed with people before going ahead. People have blown it all way out of proportion, I wasnt trying anything funny at all. I just have 5 ants and wanted them to see battle, thats it.
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39
Flippt

Post by Flippt »

I have to be on Daves side on this. I dont see any problems with having another team driving his bot, as long as they dont get clash with parts, crytals etc. Team Jag (me) did get to drive Tink, which was made from Team Anticide (Andrew) at aws 17.
Swedish style!
Fight Robots, Not Humans!
EpicentrE

Post by EpicentrE »

BTW, just sent in my entry, Void, EP (flea), and EPZ (me and Andrew Hibberd's cluster, althought I'm afraid I don't know what frequency his half is on)
Scott Fyfe-Jamieson, Captain of Epic Robotics. Champion of AWS38/41/42.
http://www.epicrobotics.co.uk
Craig_Anto3

Post by Craig_Anto3 »

Final entries are in (just be thankfull Scott that my server went down otherwise your entries would have been late)
Final total of Ants is 44, with such a high total and such a short time to do the event in means there will be no warm up event.
Running order of the day will be : Superants (8)
Fleaweights (7)
Antweights (44)
if the day runs to plan we should have time for tag team at the end but that will be it due time restrictions.
those entering more than 1 ant will be kept 2 fights apart if possible, this will of course be more difficult as the event progresses. I garentee all antweights a minimum of 2 fights. Supers and fleas are only inline for 1 fight minimum.
Remote-Controlled Dave

Post by Remote-Controlled Dave »

First off, I'd like to appologise for any friction caused by my reading of the rules, its all sorted now, so we can enjoy Saturday!

Also Craig, my train gets in at 10:17 (earliest possible, got to leave at 5am! :lol: ). Are you registering everyone from 10, or actually starting fighting at 10, I cant remember. Anyway, I'll be there by half past. I've still got Simons mobile number, so I'll text if I get hold up
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39
stuart luxton

Post by stuart luxton »

hi craig did you get my entrie ok 3 ants halo ,rollie ,and hinge.hope so
thanks stuart.
BeligerAnt

Post by BeligerAnt »

Craig, I've been all through this thread and haven't found a timetable. :( What's the latest (and earliest) arrival time?
(Must remember to pick PeteC up on the way...)
Gary, Team BeligerAnt
Craig_Anto3

Post by Craig_Anto3 »

Can u all be there for 10am
Cavecrusher

Post by Cavecrusher »

nay, 10 pm :D