AWS 18

Place discussions about upcoming events here in this thread.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

petec

AWS 18

Post by petec »

No sooner has the paint dried on 17, than we begin the hunt for 18. Anyone interested in running the event, please post details here.
------------
RobotWars101.org
RobotWars101.co.uk
Antweights.com
Antweights.co.uk
AntweightWorldSeries.com
Craig_Anto3

Post by Craig_Anto3 »

I will then
venue will be either Banbury, Aylesbury or Luton depeds where i can get.

Will go with what ever the latest rules are and go for either double elimination or something new depends on numbers, can garentee a min of 2 fights or a min of 3 fights.

My Arena is on its way It'll be like no other arena u've fought in. will be 30 inches square before anyone has a go, put it this way its going to be strong enough for anyones antweight and I'll take that bet if anyones up for trying to break the arena.

I will go back to running a non spinner event in the morning and the AWs in the afternoon with organised Tag team and super ant and flea weight events so long as they turn up. Gonna have a dediacted website for the event on Tantorobot.com

How does that sound to everyone?
Simon Windisch

Post by Simon Windisch »

Sounds Ace to me Craig. Just tell us where and when.

Simon
josh

Post by josh »

cool in aylesbury super ill be comin and ill bring antdozer and a superant or two
Remote-Controlled Dave

Post by Remote-Controlled Dave »

Yea, just say when and where! All sounds fine.
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39
Adam Hargreaves

Post by Adam Hargreaves »

all sounds good. hopefully wherever you get will be reachable from Hull...
Team 'In Theory'
BeligerAnt

Post by BeligerAnt »

Craig, since you weren't at AWS17 you probably don't know... PeteC's online AWS registration will be available for every AWS, making the registration process effortless for the organiser and more consistent for the entrants.
A dedicated site is still useful as it pulls all the relevent info into one place. I will mirror all info onto antworldseries.tk as a backup as usual.
Gary, Team BeligerAnt
Andrew_Hibberd

Post by Andrew_Hibberd »

What sort of time are we looking at?

And can't wait :D
TEAM GEEK!
Remote-Controlled Dave

Post by Remote-Controlled Dave »

I had one question about the registration system on here. If your bot needs 2 frequencies at the same time (aka a cluster) how do you put that in?
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39
BeligerAnt

Post by BeligerAnt »

Normal time-frame is around the end of October. Has been known to slip into November depending on organiser and venue availability!

You can put 2 freq's into the online reg. system. Flag the bot as a cluster (e.g. in the name field - "MyBot (cluster)") and it should be fairly self-explanatory. The frequencies are only a guide for the organisers.

@PeteC: I think the freq bit is the weakest part of the reg system. We probably need to know people's preferred freq(s), spare freq(s) and crystal "changeability". e.g. We can run all 3 of our robots on either of our freqs. Some people don't have enough xtals of one freq to do this so prefer to run different bots on different freqs. Don't know how you code any of this into the database though! ... (Or what question(s) you ask...)
Gary, Team BeligerAnt