Reading Robot Club 7: Saturday 10th September 2005

Place discussions about upcoming events here in this thread.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

Rhys

Post by Rhys »

EpicentrE wrote:
Simon Windisch wrote:Also, if anyone wants to shoot a video and sell it, then that's fine with me. I'm just going to do the photos this time.
Has anyone got a cam they can bring along to record the fights? I'm willing to operate it, do the editing, etc, I just don't have a cam of my own :P. Always like having a video of my events, would be a shame to miss one.

Just putting the finishing touches on Void, and I managed to get it in the weight limit, much to my suprise :P So I look forward to seeing you all tomorrow!
I'm sure I can get hold of a camera from somewhere. I could do with some video. Study all your weaknesses :D

And I just got my vertical spinner finished too. I'll give you good odds it shakes itself apart before it even hits anything.
EpicentrE

Post by EpicentrE »

Great stuff :D I swear I'm too obsessed, I watch the videos back like 20 times, work out what I did well, what I did wrong, how to beat certain opponents etc :P Wether it works or not is a different matter though...

As for your spinner, it can't do much worse than the first version of Zenith, which dragged itself sideways across the arena, fell over, hit the floor and turned itself upside down before the other ant got anywhere near it :P

BTW, just got Void finished, and am very happy with it :D just packing up my tools, see you all tomorrow!!
Scott Fyfe-Jamieson, Captain of Epic Robotics. Champion of AWS38/41/42.
http://www.epicrobotics.co.uk
Rhys

Post by Rhys »

Well, just put the finishing touches to my spinner, and i'm lucky to be finished this early. I've managed to break 3 drive servos building this ant! Don't bother with the towerpro servo (they're good while they last, but have a problem with glueing the pot down. If you're using resistors they'd be great.)

I ran out of servos and i'm running a standard towerpro, and a speed hacked naro :o . This has put me a few g overweight. Does anyone have any objections to me running the ant with a few extra g?

Anyway, the other 2 are in good shape, so it should be a good laugh tomorrow. See you all there.
EpicentrE

Post by EpicentrE »

Void is 151g, and I think you can go up to 152 legally in the rules, to allow for scales and stuff. We're all relaxed anyway, aslong as it's not grossly overwiehgt I don't see there being any complaints :)

See you all soon :D!
josh

Post by josh »

simon wats the car park at the uni or do we ave to park somewhere else
Simon Windisch

Post by Simon Windisch »

Just follow the signs to the robot club from Wilderness road. You can park just outside.

Simon
paul

Post by paul »

EpicentrE wrote:Void is 151g, and I think you can go up to 152 legally in the rules, to allow for scales and stuff. We're all relaxed anyway, aslong as it's not grossly overwiehgt I don't see there being any complaints :)
um yer not too relaxed, i once entered a 200g ant :D ok, i didnt know it that at the time but i didnt comment when i did find out cos it was my only ant and i didnt want to get kicked out :P

but i doubt they would allow a 200g ant now tho, im not here to give any of you ideas...

lol
josh

Post by josh »

great event simon thanx
EpicentrE

Post by EpicentrE »

Yeah, great event as always :D looking forward to seeing the pics/vids (which I'm still happy to edit btw :P)

in standard me style, Void is already in peices on my desk, for another complete rebuild before the AWS :P
Simon Windisch

Post by Simon Windisch »

Thanks everyone, I really enjoyed that.

Scott, the photos are making their way to you know. Hopefully they won't break your inbox!

Simon