Reading Robot Club 7: Saturday 10th September 2005

Place discussions about upcoming events here in this thread.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

Simon Windisch

Post by Simon Windisch »

Hi, if any one else is coming I'd appreciate getting an email from you with all the info filled in.

Thanks - SImon
Rhys

Post by Rhys »

I filled in the entry form, but my details aren't up on the site. Did you get them ok?
Remote-Controlled Dave

Post by Remote-Controlled Dave »

In a quick change of plan, I've just registered too. Hope its not too late Simon. Let me know.
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39
paul

Post by paul »

ah he asepts changes till like the night before lol.

i may not be able to come, busy week already need to make major changes and im doing something in the early morning making it harder to get there on time.

sorry,
paul
Simon Windisch

Post by Simon Windisch »

Thanks everyone. The table is now up to date.

Dave, you're most welcome to come. Earley station is one stop away from Reading on the Waterloo line (platform 4a or 4b) and is about 15 minutes walk from the venue.

We'll be there an hour early to set up, so I can offer you a lift if you don't mind getting to Reading for 10:30ish...

Simon
josh

Post by josh »

simon-sorry i went away for the weekend and didnt ave time to sign up the spinner but ive done it now and that will replace j-390
Remote-Controlled Dave

Post by Remote-Controlled Dave »

Have purchased tickets, depending on which train I get I'll get to the station between 10:40 and 11. The easiest might be to just get off at Reading and get a taxi, or off at Earley and try use the map/ask directions...less that lift is ok?
Am travelling alone Simon, so, any advice for which option is easier?

PS> Why is it only me that has long names that dont fit on the list? lol.
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39
Simon Windisch

Post by Simon Windisch »

Hi Dave,

The easiest option would be to get a train to Earley and walk. It's really only a mile (map at http://windisch.co.uk/electra/images/rrcmap01.gif) and I'm sure you could get a lift back. I've drawn in the route you'd walk in green. (I've just remembered that I'll be folding my rear seats down to make way for all the stuff)

Trains from Reading to Earley run at 12 and 42 minutes past the hour and take five minutes to get toEarley station, or the No.17 bus gets you closer and runs eight times an hour and takes about 15 minutes to get to the Three Tuns bus stop.

Or perhaps someone could give you a lift.

Simon

P.S. We put up signs at the junction of Whitenights road, I'll PM you my mobile number in case there's an emergency.
Simon Windisch

Post by Simon Windisch »

OK I've updated the teams list again.

BTW I don't mind late entries, as long as they're not after 8pm on Friday! - because that's when I'll be printing out all my admin stuff.

As only one team has entered the under 16 competition I've decided to cancel it, and go with Speedway, after popular demand. Please let me know by email or this forum which robots want to enter this competition. If you've never seen Speedway, it looks like http://readingrobotclub.fotopic.net/p7709812.html

Also, if anyone wants to shoot a video and sell it, then that's fine with me. I'm just going to do the photos this time.

And Scott, can I rely on Sandra to help with the scoring? she'd be most appreciated!

Simon
EpicentrE

Post by EpicentrE »

Yay, Speedway!

My Dads bringing me this time, not my Mum, but I'm sure he'll be willing to help :)

Almost got Void finished, he's a bit of a fatty (167g :o) but the wheels are very heavy so I'm sure I can lose the weight. Heres praying for a competition where he dosn't break! :P

Look forward to seeing you all Saturday

Scott

Edit: Are the kids from your Robot Club not coming this time?
Last edited by EpicentrE on Mon Sep 05, 2005 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scott Fyfe-Jamieson, Captain of Epic Robotics. Champion of AWS38/41/42.
http://www.epicrobotics.co.uk