AWS 17

Place discussions about upcoming events here in this thread.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

petec

Post by petec »

Guys,

General schedule for the day:

10am Arrival starts, check in, tech checks, etc
11am Draw for round one and start competition.
01pm Lunch break
04pm Competition ends and presentations.
05pm Committee Adjourn to a nearby cafe or pub.

I'm hoping to do double elimination for the event, rather than a warm up.

If you don't think you can be there for 11, please let me know when I can expect you - we can structure the draw around that.

There will two arenas. One will be used for fighting while the NEXT fight will be getting ready to go as soon as the current one is finished. We have a lot of people coming, so we have to get through a LOT of fights. If we finish early we can use both arenas for some fun.

Here we go.....
------------
RobotWars101.org
RobotWars101.co.uk
Antweights.com
Antweights.co.uk
AntweightWorldSeries.com
BeligerAnt

Post by BeligerAnt »

Pete, can you do double eliminantion when the number of entries is not a power of 2 - without having loads of byes?
I'm happy to go with it as long as someone knows how to run it for an arbitrary number of entries!
(If anyone does - please explain!)

BTW the Team BeligerAnt battlebox is now finished - pictures and details of how to make an arena to fit in it coming soon!
Gary, Team BeligerAnt
petec

Post by petec »

I'm going on the principle that there will almost certainly not be a full compliment of robots. There are currently 36 robots entered (excluding the superants) so we only need 4 to fail to turn up or not work (or we could just disqualift PeteW :lol: ).

If not, we will have to think of something else.....

BTW, I've just gone through the frequency list OH MY GOODNESS!!!! Can you people not buy different frequencies!?! Its going to be very tricky to assign frequencies prior to the fights being drawn.
------------
RobotWars101.org
RobotWars101.co.uk
Antweights.com
Antweights.co.uk
AntweightWorldSeries.com
Rhys

Post by Rhys »

Well here's the first 2 to pull out. It's extremely unlikely that i'll be making it, as my clutch decided to expire on me. I'm hassling the garage, but they reckon they wont have it done until saturday morning, but i'll keep trying.

Sorry guys.
Flippt

Post by Flippt »

Pete C, is it a bigger deal if I get a new crystal for flippt? Might get one before the event.
Swedish style!
Fight Robots, Not Humans!
Simon Windisch

Post by Simon Windisch »

My full range of crystals are 40.665, 40.685, 40.775, 40.895, 40.915, 40.985.

So feel free to assign me some different frequencies.

Simon

P.S. It might be useful for future events if you let us know which frequencies are unused. Then new roboteers might opt for those frequencies.
Remote-Controlled Dave

Post by Remote-Controlled Dave »

If there's more ants than a double-elimination set-up warrents for, wouldnt the draw just dictate which ants have to have a three-way melee for their fight? That would solve it wouldnt it? Also, if its only one-on-one in the main competition, why do you need loads of crystals?
If the trains run well, we'll be there between 11 and half past...should be closer to 11 though.
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39
Adam Hargreaves

Post by Adam Hargreaves »

train is due at 11.01, so, should be there around 11.15 ish. Franz is finished, bar some wiring issues, X2 is also done, (though whether the disc works depends on whether I can sort this electronics problem out) and the Super needs armour, which might not get done...
Team 'In Theory'
Andrew_Hibberd

Post by Andrew_Hibberd »

Not sure what time i will be in, will try and aim for 10

I also have a 5th ant, this get complicated sorry, anticide may not be ready i have a motor winging its way to me curtisy of craig, if it does not arrive anticide will not compete. If it does anticide will fight and the 5th robot called Tink will be a 3rd ant for team JAG.

The other point is that the disc from Kwijebo was sent this morning, if this does not arrive then the ant will not compete. Sorry this is so hit and miss. I am not sure if i can have internet access on firday night, staying in london. If so i will make sure my entry list is correct.

6 hour journey, looking forward to it :D

for some strange reason my girlfirend also wants to come along, so two in the team
TEAM GEEK!
olivers

Post by olivers »

Hi Pete, any chance we can do the committee chat over lunch? I ideally have to leave around 5 to get home for a party.