Roaming Robots Event Aylesbury 22nd May

Place discussions about upcoming events here in this thread.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

mrstu

Post by mrstu »

Dear Ant Weight Roboteers,

The Sign up page for the event is going online tonight,
If you wish to come you will need to sign up to the event so we know numbers and so on for whos coming and to get stuff ready. I beleive Peter is bringing an Ant Weight Arena so im sure most of you know what it looks like etc.

You will need to be a member of Roaming Robots to come to the event though due to Insruance reasons as always with our events. This year we are doing a special Membership just for Ant Weight Roboteers. I beleive Peter W is a member.

Bit of info for you guys -

I have spoken to John F (Director of RR) and has agreed to allow the following frequencies JUST FOR ant weights at this event, and if it works out, use this idea for all future Roaming Robots Events -

Frequencies - 665, 675, 685, 695, 705 are for Ant Weight Roboteers ONLY.

(You may use other Frequencies but realise other weight classes may use them meaning you may not always be able to use it) There are 5 Frequeinces for you which will be for Ant Weights ONLY. Other Weight classes will be banned to use it at this event and maybe future events if this works out.

Also to let you know - i dont know if some of you have seen our new Roaming Robots Arena, but we do plan for the futuer to have a Mini Ant Weight Version of our new big arena (Pictures on our web site - Pit flipper etc).

Also more news- we have a production company coming to this (and other events) with us this year. They came to Magna and things are looking good, and they plan to come to all our big events this year, and also this event in Aylesbury, so smile for the camera! DVD's of events are exspected and possibly More...

So the facts in list form...

Special Crystal Numbers for ant weights - 665, 675, 685, 695, 705
Make sure you are a member of Roaming Robots - Join Online.
Peter W's Arena at this event.
New Roaming Robots Ant Arena for Future Events
Production Company coming to film the whole event - including ant weight battles.

Kind Regards,
Mr Stu
Roaming Robots Crew
www.roamingrobots.co.uk
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

I have sent my entry in lets try and make this a success with Ants included. Roaming Robots are really the only organisation keeping robotic fighting available to the general public. Having an audiance should help to promote ants out side the usual robot community and encorage new blood.
Andrew_Hibberd

Post by Andrew_Hibberd »

Just sent my entry off-i hope i can get my robots ready in time.
TEAM GEEK!
BeligerAnt

Post by BeligerAnt »

This all sounds great Stu. Many thanks to all at RR.

Now does anyone have any of those frequencies in Hitec-flavour crystals?
I will try to track one freq down, but getting Hitec crystals out of SMC is a bit of a lottery! Does anyone know a more reliable supplier of Hitec gear?

Better get my finger out now and build RONNY a new shell...
Gary, Team BeligerAnt
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

I usually run 40.735 and have about 7 rx crystals so I don't have to keep changing them. I also have
Freq...........TX........Rx Futaba........Rx Hitec

I will see which of these I can get some more rx crystals for.

Now got 2 more 40.685
Last edited by peterwaller on Sun Apr 03, 2005 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Simon Windisch

Post by Simon Windisch »

Thanks Mr Stu.

I have signed up as well. The cheque's in the post.

Simon
Marco Roberts

Post by Marco Roberts »

Hmm this event does sound interesting. And as I have been to a few RR events I think really we should go to this one.
I dont mind buying a few of those freqs and carefully lending them out to ant weight competitors before every fight. Thing is ant weights do pull crowds. Any one remember microbots. There was a huge amount of spectators watching us. And RR just havnt really seen many people draw to it. Another day was War of the Worlds, during a break loads of people got out of there seats and started wandering round and found the ant weight arena and just started watching it. And at this event it was like only 3 ant weights there. I really beleve at these events if we go in numbers and start putting advertisments like a website we can get some fan factor here.
Il defo put my name down to go to this one.
<-=AWS 10 1st and 2nd champ=->
<-=AWS 13 1st and 2nd champ=->
mrstu

Post by mrstu »

Marco - "RR just havnt really seen many people draw to it. "

It's very much the other way. At our "Winter Tour Final", Mike from team "Wind Power" (Pressure" brought his ant weight arena which looks good, with flipper and pit etc, and we had only 4 ant weights as some Heavy Weight/Feather Weight teams brought them to play with in hotel rooms etc. Well we had the arena so we thought we may as well run them during the show. At our BIG shows like the Winter Tour and Magna, Ant Weights are great to run in between loading and unloading the big new Roaming Robots arena, which can take up to 10 minutes per big battle.
At the Winter Tour Grand Final in Doncaster like i said we had the arena and ant weights - with 1500 members of the public (thats more people than there was at a live show of Robot Wars Filming Series 7 mind you - they were only 1200), it was both great and a nightmare to have 100's of peole rush over from their teared seating rushing down to the ant weight arena. The roboteers got a REAL BUZZ from it with 100's (about 400) people crowding around the arena. We know the public love the ant weights and we have always offered ant weights to come to our events, including our big winter tour (which we plan to do again this year).
Now we have a production company linked to us, they have lots of high tech stuff for us to use, including big plasma screens which im sure we cna use for the Ant Weights, also a big projector which helps us show the Heavy Weight fights from the big arena on the screen, imagen that cam on the ant arena, means everyone in the crowd will be able to see them (all 1500 of them).

Things are looking good, and just hope Roaming Robots can continue to further bond the relationship with ant weight roboteers. In the past we just havn't had the support back to continue to push them, but if we can see this amount of interest of ant weights at are other events, it can lead to big things. We now have the tech support, tv's cams, and now it looks like you can have your own 5 Frequeinces to do what you like as you please.

Just a note - the Event is 95% full, we are 100% full of Heavy Weights and Feather Weights, we can accept 2 more Ant Weight teams and thats it - so if you havn't signed up - i advise you to do so right now.

John Findlay (director of RR) is very happy of the out come so far, so am i as i know or have meet most of you. Lets hope things can move forward in a great way.

Mr Stu
Roaming Robots Crew
www.roamingrobots.co.uk
Rhys

Post by Rhys »

Looks like this could be a very cool event then. Just signed up now. Cheque's in the post :D

I was a little dissapointed at the sign-up catagories though. I wanted on in each weight, but several ants. Still, nevermind. I'll just upgrade when I get my new feather finished.
BeligerAnt

Post by BeligerAnt »

We have joined up and signed up for the event.

Also managed to get hold of some 40.665 Hitec xtals. It seems that Hitec don't make 40.705 (for some reason!), so that one sounds like Futaba-only...
Gary, Team BeligerAnt