Roaming Robots Event Aylesbury 22nd May

Place discussions about upcoming events here in this thread.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

BeligerAnt

Post by BeligerAnt »

I think we must take Stu at his word, but like Simon says, don't wait until the event to talk. Talk to us now - either on this board or via email and we should be able to provide an arena and more than enough ants for a decent competition. (I estimate 15 easily, probably more)

However, we need to sort some things out - no-one ever said it was easy running any kind of large event - but I think we are all keen to participate and therefore keen to solve the problems before they arise.

Providing RR are really serious about getting ants *involved* there should be no insurmountable problems. If we were to turn up to find we had no space, no time and no frequencies that anybody had any crystals for, then it would be a disaster all round. Alternatively, agree some frequencies and how the event will run now, get a firm idea of numbers and allocate enough space, then a great day can be had by all roboteers and the people of Aylesbury can be treated to a comprehensive display!

The ball is firmly in RR's court - talk to us!
Gary, Team BeligerAnt
mrstu

Post by mrstu »

Quote - "The ball is firmly in RR's court - talk to us!"

To be quite honest, the ball has been in the ant weight roboteers court. Like i said, if would be nice to have ant weigths, there coming to Aylesbury, we had them at Doncaster and everyone loved them... as there are soo many of you, and not everyone is a member of Roaming Robots, it's hard to talk to you.

This is why im taking the time to speak to you all on here, as this seems the "home" of ant weight roboteers. Ant Weights are welcome to all our shows, but to be honest, with only about 5 turning up, ant weights has not been our main concern if not many are coming.

Then we hear that in some of your views Roaming Robots are not doing enough in terms of frequencies for ant weights- then well we know nothing or have no contact with you to sort it out.

I agree lets make Aylesbury a good event, then the future can only get better. I will talk to John about frequencys etc, we will soon be launching a Frequency Page on our web site of all our members so people can see who there going to clash with before events start. This is Work in Progress.

Hope we stay in touch - what might be an idea is for you all to maybe give me 5 Frequencs (pref close together) which you think is best for ant weights.

I think it's no good saying.... 40.675 and 40.985 and 40.785 etc are frequences to use when there spread out. It might be better to say something like... freqcs between ??.??? and ??.??? are for ant weights (arena 1 - antweights arena) and ??.??? and ??.??? are for big arena (All other weights).

Kind Regards,
Mr Stu
www.roamingrobots.co.uk
Simon Windisch

Post by Simon Windisch »

Thanks Mr Stu,

Might I suggest 665, 675, 685, 695, 705?
Andrew Hibberd and I have 665
Tom Waddell has 675
Paul Brown and I have 685
Leon Luxton and Andrew Gardner (if he's still current) have 695
No one has 705 but I could get it...

Of course, I'm assuming that everyone can use Futaba crystals. Anyone else might have to bring their own.

So how does that sound? Who intends to come, and are they OK with sharing/bring those frequencies?

Simon
Rhys

Post by Rhys »

I have 705, and would be happy to attend.
paul

Post by paul »

i would like to attend. dunno if i can come, should be able to.
mrstu

Post by mrstu »

Dear Ant Weight Roboteers,

The Sign up page for the event is going online tonight,
If you wish to come you will need to sign up to the event so we know numbers and so on for whos coming and to get stuff ready. I beleive Peter is bringing an Ant Weight Arena so im sure most of you know what it looks like etc.

You will need to be a member of Roaming Robots to come to the event though due to Insruance reasons as always with our events. This year we are doing a special Membership just for Ant Weight Roboteers. I beleive Peter W is a member.

Bit of info for you guys -

I have spoken to John F (Director of RR) and has agreed to allow the following frequencies JUST FOR ant weights at this event, and if it works out, use this idea for all future Roaming Robots Events -

Frequencies - 665, 675, 685, 695, 705 are for Ant Weight Roboteers ONLY.

(You may use other Frequencies but realise other weight classes may use them meaning you may not always be able to use it) There are 5 Frequeinces for you which will be for Ant Weights ONLY. Other Weight classes will be banned to use it at this event and maybe future events if this works out.

Also to let you know - i dont know if some of you have seen our new Roaming Robots Arena, but we do plan for the futuer to have a Mini Ant Weight Version of our new big arena (Pictures on our web site - Pit flipper etc).

Also more news- we have a production company coming to this (and other events) with us this year. They came to Magna and things are looking good, and they plan to come to all our big events this year, and also this event in Aylesbury, so smile for the camera! DVD's of events are exspected and possibly More...

So the facts in list form...

Special Crystal Numbers for ant weights - 665, 675, 685, 695, 705
Make sure you are a member of Roaming Robots - Join Online.
Peter W's Arena at this event.
New Roaming Robots Ant Arena for Future Events
Production Company coming to film the whole event - including ant weight battles.

Kind Regards,
Mr Stu
Roaming Robots Crew
www.roamingrobots.co.uk
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

I have sent my entry in lets try and make this a success with Ants included. Roaming Robots are really the only organisation keeping robotic fighting available to the general public. Having an audiance should help to promote ants out side the usual robot community and encorage new blood.
Andrew_Hibberd

Post by Andrew_Hibberd »

Just sent my entry off-i hope i can get my robots ready in time.
TEAM GEEK!
BeligerAnt

Post by BeligerAnt »

This all sounds great Stu. Many thanks to all at RR.

Now does anyone have any of those frequencies in Hitec-flavour crystals?
I will try to track one freq down, but getting Hitec crystals out of SMC is a bit of a lottery! Does anyone know a more reliable supplier of Hitec gear?

Better get my finger out now and build RONNY a new shell...
Gary, Team BeligerAnt
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

I usually run 40.735 and have about 7 rx crystals so I don't have to keep changing them. I also have
Freq...........TX........Rx Futaba........Rx Hitec

I will see which of these I can get some more rx crystals for.

Now got 2 more 40.685
Last edited by peterwaller on Sun Apr 03, 2005 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.